[AMA] with Asterisk on 18th April 2016 LIVE at 12PM

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I still feel very sad I lost 1v1 to kimchi. But yet I'm proud that we have gamer girls as good, if not better than guys.

bosssaizo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Straits Times has been covering quite a bit on eSports the past few months :D
I think it takes time, especially Singapore.

I agree that most people think that video gaming is "bad" but I'm not quick to encourage young children or teenagers now to neglect their studies for gaming. I still think studying is important leh

Probably is because the mentality on "gaming is bad" is deeply rooted.

Not many parents see it differently.

furryfish

Reaction score
Hi !

Would like to thank you ladies for your contribution in Singapore's gaming industry, really appreciate the effort, especially Singapore's perspective towards gaming. However I am pretty sure that the world is slowly opening up to the idea that gaming is an upcoming industry.

Question I would like to ask is, how can I contribute to the gaming industry? If possible would like to form a career in gaming industry. (not as a gamer, but more of some one running events, managing etc) Dont really know any one from the gaming industry, would like to get some pointers or maybe guidance from you ladies.

Thank you once again!

Well, i did freelance gaming event organisation for 3 years+ and its difficult to make ends meet if you're just doing that. It's much better now though, there's a greater demand for people who know how to run a tournament etc.
It's going to be hard for you as a solo person, rather than a company, to get jobs though. For example, if one of the publishers needs a tournament and stream organiser/provider, they will go to an established brand, like ESL, or mineski to help them run it, cos they have the expertise and the equipment.
Starting out is hard for you if you don't have equipment, in depth knowledge and expertise.

I would advise that you join a gaming company and go independent after a couple years, when you've built your contact list and skills.

furryfish

Reaction score
Think the lack of support from the country or particular organisations is the main killer. there's almost no public endorsement of any local gaming achievements in mainstream media.

I think Lisabel has been covering some events pretty nicely. But so far this year, there's been a slump in local competitions. There's actually... not much happening.

wad3v3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Kimberly I'm a big fan XD

b8086e4a909bd5b17511e9d6fc282776a542c21c309627b9e053945bd87a29dc.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.