Anyone tried PS4 remote play?

vintheman

Reaction score
I'm able to see my PS4 on my screen, but when I link up my controller to the console to select my player profile, the screeen disconnects immediately. How fun to be able to just select my profile and d/c-ing over and over again :vijayadmin:

incubus07

Reaction score
same for me, will be trying to wire up all my connections before trying again next time

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm able to see my PS4 on my screen, but when I link up my controller to the console to select my player profile, the screeen disconnects immediately. How fun to be able to just select my profile and d/c-ing over and over again :vijayadmin:

you mean you tried to link your controller to the console instead of the PC?

jace88

Reaction score
Haven't try on PC but used it on Vita and PS4. It lags even when the PS4 is connected to the router and I'm reasonably close by playing - it also makes some games very difficult to play due to the visual compression artifacts.

Surprisingly the Xbox One streaming worked flawlessly.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel its a good feature, but not expected to perform as well as playing on the console itself. Also with the high power consumption of the PS4, not sure if it makes sense to load both the PC and PS4 together. :s22:

vintheman

Reaction score
oh.. realised its my USB cable that was the issue. need to use a data instead of charging. Works fine and i'm enjoying it while the tv's not available! :)

jace88

Reaction score
It's crap compared to my Xbox One/Windows streaming (this is probably the best experience of the three) and my Wii U remote play which is severely limited by the wireless range of the console itself (why it can't do this over the wifi network rather than it's own hotspot is beyond me).

Even with both my PS4 and my Win10 laptop connected on LAN cables there are artefacts, delays in control inputs, etc... this applies to both the newer Remote Play as well as on Vita (connected via wifi obviously). It's playable for slower games but even then, the input lag can be a pain making it hard to play.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.