Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Building a VR set for Exercising

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2018, 04:58 PM   #1
Junior Moderator

Building a VR set for Exercising

Hey guys, sharing this article abt a guy losing 50 pounds after playing VR

https://uploadvr.com/man-loses-50-po...g-soundboxing/

Figured I can do a little bit of exercising since I am quite an office seating warrior.

what is the best way to build a VR set for the best value for money in Singapore? help appreciated if someone has done it =)
Old 01-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #2

It's not too difficult really. U just need a big enough room, VR capable PC (est. build from scratch for a gaming rig nowadays is good enough and shld be in the range of $1.5k+/-) and HTC Vive or Oculus Rift.

Afterwhich it's just to get the games available off Steam or Oculus store.
Oranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:13 PM   #3
Junior Moderator

hahaha im novice at building VR
i don't really know how to start...

just googled abit today in office and still not sure what is the best deal now
Old 04-01-2018, 07:51 PM   #4
Junior Moderator

It's not too difficult really. U just need a big enough room, VR capable PC (est. build from scratch for a gaming rig nowadays is good enough and shld be in the range of $1.5k+/-) and HTC Vive or Oculus Rift.

Afterwhich it's just to get the games available off Steam or Oculus store.
HTC Vive or Oculus Rift?
Any recommendations?
Old 04-01-2018, 11:54 PM   #5

HTC Vive or Oculus Rift?
Any recommendations?
I have Vive and PSVR but I've never used the Rift before. Thus my views may be somewhat biased.

If you're going for Vive, aside from just its standard bundle, you might want to add on 'Vive Deluxe Audio Strap' for a much more comfortable fit.

Vive's area setup can be deemed easier as compared to Rift. Both its sensors only require a power-point at the diagonal ends of a square (your play-area).

Rift-wise, it requires USB communication thus the need to run its cable around your play-area. For some, may even require a 3rd sensor to have the best 360 room-scale experience.

Vive has been performing very well for me since having gotten it near its launch and with Revive, you'll also be able to enjoy Rift's exclusive games.

My setup for Vive is running off the previous-gen 980Ti. Can't recall the exact setup but quite a standard gaming setup. Current-gen wise, I believe 1070 will be good enough.

In another 3 months or so, a higher-end (larger field of view) Pimax is planned for release. The good thing is, Other than Vive's headset, all other Vive items can be used with Pimax.

Hope this helps abit!
Oranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.