HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Gears of War 4

Like Tree2Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2016, 11:29 PM   #46

Separate game mode, campaign has nothing to with horde mode.

Only fabricated placement weapons like turrets can be upgraded with power/fabricator level. Engineers does it cheaply if they set the proper discount card skill.

The normal weapons can't be upgraded, also not a good idea to fabricate normal weapons as they waste a lot of power and if that weapon is not your default set of class weapons, it disappears if you die. Only exception is if there's no engineer in your group, then you might need to fabricate a repair gun(5000 power) which will replace your pistol. But don't die or it will be gone.

Here's a start.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1294855

http://www.ign.com/wikis/gears-of-wa...ips_and_Tricks

Earn credits and class levels by progressing up horde waves, and spend credits in store to buy horde crates to get more cards to boost your class skills. You might be tempted to buy the expensive elite crate or operation crate but they are mainly for skins and emblem cosmetic. So focus on only the horde crates to get enough cards to level up class skills.
Thanks. I just understand more of the game cos I just completed one game at causal mode. haha.
nuky8181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 01:47 PM   #47
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guys!

I can purchase the physical copy of this game from the Xbox Singapore website, right?

I only saw the green button of "Download" on the column of the game info -->

Thanks in advance.

2) For the Emperor!
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 06:28 PM   #48
GaX Editorial Team

Guys!

I can purchase the physical copy of this game from the Xbox Singapore website, right?

Thanks in advance.
PC version? Physical copy? er not sure about that. I only know about the digital version.
Old 31-10-2016, 08:17 PM   #49

Guys!

Thanks in advance.
It's digital version, not physical. Physical you need to visit a 3rd party retail store, online(amazon/lazada/etc) or brick and mortar(SLS Tec-drome/etc).

Oh you should get titanfall 2, the single-player campaign is great. Multiplayer is a bit abandoned due to Battlefield 1 and COD...
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:12 AM   #50
GaX Editorial Team

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/communi...ed-weapon-skin
For a limited time only, you can get your very own "Bodied" weapon skin for Gears of War 4 by playing on the Gears Pro Circuit ladders and tournaments on GameBattles.com! All you need to do is complete 2 matches on the Gears Pro Circuit ladder for your region, win or lose, any time before 11:59 EDT on Monday Nov 7, 2016 as well as compete in this Sunday’s weekly online tournament (Nov 6, win or lose). The Xbox Gamertag you use to play the matches will then be automatically awarded with the weapon skin by November 14. (Please do not remove your Gamertag from your GameBattles account until after Nov 14 or your weapon skin will not be correctly awarded).
edit: sadly not available for PC since there are no ladders for PC on GameBattles.com

Last edited by Pyre; 01-11-2016 at 03:16 PM..
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:21 PM   #51
GaX Editorial Team

sorry there was a problem with the invite link. please use this updated one. (have updated the same link in other posts)
Discord: https://discord.gg/tdnRwTF
look for the #microsoft-games-public
Old 02-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #52
Arch-Supremacy Member

PC version? Physical copy? er not sure about that. I only know about the digital version.
Xbox One version. Digital download takes too long if my Internet connection slows down suddenly.

And with SH service down for two consecutive days. I am beginning to doubt whether their services are secured or not. ST and M1 have no issue of been attacked by DDoS. This shows that SH servers are vulnerable and constant maintenance has so far disappeared.

I often get SMS telling me there will be maintenance work on the service in the wee hours once in every month. Now? No more SMS liao...

2) For the Emperor!
Old 02-11-2016, 11:26 AM   #53
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's digital version, not physical. Physical you need to visit a 3rd party retail store, online(amazon/lazada/etc) or brick and mortar(SLS Tec-drome/etc).

Oh you should get titanfall 2, the single-player campaign is great. Multiplayer is a bit abandoned due to Battlefield 1 and COD...
I see. Luckily, I never click CHECKOUT on that Xbox Singapore website. Hahaha...

2) For the Emperor!
Old 02-11-2016, 04:16 PM   #54

Hi all,

I've been playing GoW4 for awhile now, main class is sniper @ lvl 6.

The issue I hate is, every single time playing horde to match up with random, there ought to be a joker or two who will quit half way... which is very annoying...

I'm hoping to game with fellow locals, a dedicated group to clear 1 to 50.

at this very point, I've yet to complete wave 50 horde. furthest I went was 49 on normal.

I did install discord on my phone, but no clue how to find a group there. maybe you guys can add me (Lastia #2017)
SoumaShigure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:27 PM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

I checked out the retail version (S$69.90) at PLAYe and found that you get to play Gears of War 1, 2, 3 and Judgment for free as well.

Anyway, can we play this game from the HDD after the installation process is done with the disc? Or do we still need to put in the disc to play?

Strange. I still need to do installation when I have the disc for a particular game.

Example: Halo Wars - I still need to install 64GB of data onto the HDD.

2) For the Emperor!
Old 03-11-2016, 01:48 PM   #56
GaX Editorial Team

I checked out the retail version (S$69.90) at PLAYe and found that you get to play Gears of War 1, 2, 3 and Judgment for free as well.

Anyway, can we play this game from the HDD after the installation process is done with the disc? Or do we still need to put in the disc to play?

Strange. I still need to do installation when I have the disc for a particular game.

Example: Halo Wars - I still need to install 64GB of data onto the HDD.
Providence - you asking about the PC version?

Btw, just to be clear - if you purchased the PC version, you get the X1 version of Gow1, 2, 3 and Judgement free. (please note the difference)

as for the PC version, once install i assume you do not need the disc to play (not like X360 / X1). but if that is the case, why not just purchase direct from the Win Store? Unless you really want the physical box & disc. Plus remember you need Win10 & Anniversary update to play. And about 80GB HDD space.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:21 PM   #57
Arch-Supremacy Member

Providence - you asking about the PC version?

Btw, just to be clear - if you purchased the PC version, you get the X1 version of Gow1, 2, 3 and Judgement free. (please note the difference)

as for the PC version, once install i assume you do not need the disc to play (not like X360 / X1). but if that is the case, why not just purchase direct from the Win Store? Unless you really want the physical box & disc. Plus remember you need Win10 & Anniversary update to play. And about 80GB HDD space.
Sorry, Pyre! I was referring to the Xbox One version.

I am using Windows 7 so I cannot play it on my PC.
Pyre likes this.

2) For the Emperor!
Old 05-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #58
GaX Editorial Team

Get Gary Carmine, Carmine Family Weapons and more with the Tenth Anniversary Gear Pack. Obtainable exclusively through gameplay, this celebratory pack launches on November 7th for 200 Credits.
https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/10YOGAnnounce

Old 05-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #59
Arch-Supremacy Member

I wonder how many Carmine brothers are there? I know the muscular one survived the final battle in Gears 3.

Anyway, I bought the physical copy for $64.90 at TOG (Next to PLAYe - 4th floor) in Tampines Mall.

2) For the Emperor!
Old 05-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #60
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nice kit...

2) For the Emperor!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.