AFTERSHOCK PC - Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious, would the gtx765m give a smooth play for Crysis 3 at High settings?

Any more on the videos to come e/g the Battlefield 3 on 765? Am really tempted to just go with the 765m since the price is just that attractive and if high is achievable for most demanding games:s13::o

sumeone

Reaction score
1 qns if i pluck out the battery and just connect it through ac power and if at night i sleep forget to off the ac power will it somehow damage the laptop?

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
1 qns if i pluck out the battery and just connect it through ac power and if at night i sleep forget to off the ac power will it somehow damage the laptop?

This is fine:) The system can run for long hours without issue.

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious, would the gtx765m give a smooth play for Crysis 3 at High settings?

Any more on the videos to come e/g the Battlefield 3 on 765? Am really tempted to just go with the 765m since the price is just that attractive and if high is achievable for most demanding games:s13::o

???:s11::s11::s11::s11:

No feedback from big guy?

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score

Any more on the videos to come e/g the Battlefield 3 on 765? Am really tempted to just go with the 765m since the price is just that attractive and if high is achievable for most demanding games

Hey BradenHeat, was actally typing the second message when i got cut off (My internet device at the show ran outta power.)

Simply put, the you need a 680m/ 675mx / 7970m or 780m for a decent experience of crysis 3 at 1080p High.

The 765m gtx is an awesome card by all means, it is a HUGE step up from the 660m gtx, and fits into notebooks of much smaller form factors while performing between the 670mx and 675mx - Both cards that go into massive notebooks.

On top of that, it can also deliver full performance on battery power. The card's performance at it's price point is also awesome.

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey BradenHeat, was actally typing the second message when i got cut off (My internet device at the show ran outta power.)

Simply put, the you need a 680m/ 675mx / 7970m or 780m for a decent experience of crysis 3 at 1080p High.

The 765m gtx is an awesome card by all means, it is a HUGE step up from the 660m gtx, and fits into notebooks of much smaller form factors while performing between the 670mx and 675mx - Both cards that go into massive notebooks.

On top of that, it can also deliver full performance on battery power. The card's performance at it's price point is also awesome.

Hmm please oh please do a short video sample....:o I'm looking at it as " hmm slightly above medium gfx setting and as close to high settings, BTW, how's BioShock fps on high ? I mean for the 765....?

The note book check merely gotten the ultra settings which I assume, at a slightly lower setting for high, should theoretically churn out decent 40fps, or sipping to 30 at fast and massive action:s11:

Edit : http://www.notebookcheck.net/BioShock-Infinite-Benchmarked.90155.0.html

Nvm gotten the answers damn okay, give me one more month to safe for 15"
2.4k urgh

Last edited:

m32t8103

Reaction score
Yes u can. got $ anything can :D

got a qn thou. Whats the difference between a MSATA SSD and SATA3 SSD if i choose to add one. which one should i pick.

I wonder how many Msata slot available (include the wireless adapter) in 17" inch aftershock notebook

MilkCar

Reaction score
Hey guys :) I pre-ordered my XG15 at the PC Show on Saturday (sold out alr omg) and your assistant was kind enough and provided good service and answers to my questions. Approximately the wait would be 3 weeks - 1 month, and he gave an estimated delivery date of 28 June. Looking forward to it upon reading all the testimonials so far, and a shame that it was sold out! was hoping to get going immediately after getting home on Saturday.

Note: I forgot to mention specifically which outlet I wanted to collect my laptop, is it too late now? :(

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hey guys I pre-ordered my XG15 at the PC Show on Saturday (sold out alr omg) and your assistant was kind enough and provided good service and answers to my questions. Approximately the wait would be 3 weeks - 1 month, and he gave an estimated delivery date of 28 June. Looking forward to it upon reading all the testimonials so far, and a shame that it was sold out! was hoping to get going immediately after getting home on Saturday.

Hey MilkCar. No problems! The wait time will actually be shorter, But we prefer to over-deliver :) On a side note, we have some surprise specials for all our 15.6" system customers at the show. We'll announce shortly.

You can collect at either showroom - Just let us know which you prefer.

chiaRH

Reaction score
But 765 should be able to handle fhd.....?

HD = 1366 by 768 pixels

HD+ = 1600 by 900 pixels

FHD = 1920 by 1080 pixels

FHD has almost twice the number of pixels to render as HD, so it is quite a big leap.

765M is still fairly new at the moment so I doubt it's been tested extensively out there yet...

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
But 765 should be able to handle fhd.....?

It can handle FHD ULTRA for most games. But your talking about FHD crysis and high here :) That kind of work load is what cards like the 780m gtx exist for :p

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Colour Gamut screen upgrade promo for IT show customers!

AFTERSHOCK PC constantly works to deliver systems that are Strong in areas that we feel MATTER, such as the Display Quality and Performance. (2 of our favourites.)

We're working to make 95% color gamut screens the DEFAULT screens the default for our 15.6" systems, and despite this bringing up the base cost of our systems a little, we believe this is WELL worth it.

We're going to offer the 95% GAMUT Screen as a 35 dollar Upgrade (Down from 138) for all Customers who got a 15.6" got a X15s/XG15 system from us during the show! We want our users to get the BEST deals possible, and will be offering this for everyone who has supported us during the show to ensure no-one misses out and you guys get the upgrade value too!

Just contact us and let us know if interested or bring your system (15.6" only) down to our Serangoon showroom for the upgrade!.

1004582_319454224852382_39010211_n.jpg

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It can handle FHD ULTRA for most games. But your talking about FHD crysis and high here :) That kind of work load is what cards like the 780m gtx exist for :p

wait....so FHD = Ultra settings? :s22: omg....then 765 aint gona cut it....

im just looking per average, say crysis 3, running high settings with TXAA enabled.....
1600 by 900 pixels should be just alright for the 15" mah :o=:p

Shinkyo

Reaction score
AFTERSHOCK PC constantly works to deliver systems that are Strong in areas that we feel MATTER, such as the Display Quality and Performance. (2 of our favourites.)

We're working to make 95% color gamut screens the DEFAULT screens the default for our 15.6" systems, and despite this bringing up the base cost of our systems a little, we believe this is WELL worth it.

We're going to offer the 95% GAMUT Screen as a 35 dollar Upgrade (Down from 138) for all Customers who got a 15.6" got a X15s/XG15 system from us during the show! We want our users to get the BEST deals possible, and will be offering this for everyone who has supported us during the show to ensure no-one misses out and you guys get the upgrade value too!

Just contact us and let us know if interested or bring your system (15.6" only) down to our Serangoon showroom for the upgrade!.

1004582_319454224852382_39010211_n.jpg

X17s bo special ah ;)

On the side note, tested a few games with the gtx 780m and only metro last light is giving problems with all max settings.

Bio shock infinite is running max out settings with fps of 35 - 45 at the battle after the raffle (beginning)

chiaRH

Reaction score
wait....so FHD = Ultra settings? :s22: omg....then 765 aint gona cut it....

FHD is the screen resolution. You can play FHD at medium or high if you want. In general I feel its better to play at the notebook's native resolution and lower the graphics settings than lower the resolution in order to handle higher settings.

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
X17s bo special ah

On the side note, tested a few games with the gtx 780m and only metro last light is giving problems with all max settings.

Bio shock infinite is running max out settings with fps of 35 - 45 at the battle after the raffle (beginning)

Unfortunately we the X17s gamut screen has been discontinued by the factory. We would offer the same if we could. We just want to ensure that people who supported us during the show get the BEST possible deal :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.