ASUS ROG GL502VS-DB71 Singapore launch?

marc_cheng

Reaction score
hi guys,

Any idea when ASUS ROG GL502VS-DB71 will be officially launched in SG? I know the VM version is available but I am keen on the GTX-1070.

lightl

Reaction score
Thanks! But I was looking for the official launch, Gamepro's price isn't the MSRP. It's much higher. At that rate, shipping back from US would be more economical.

Hmm I dont think there will be any other launch. This is same as the GL502VY with gtx 980m that was sold exclusively by gamepro back in June, even now other stores only had the GL502VT with the inferior 970m :D I had been eyeing the GL502 for a few months also haha :D

marc_cheng

Reaction score
Hmm I dont think there will be any other launch. This is same as the GL502VY with gtx 980m that was sold exclusively by gamepro back in June, even now other stores only had the GL502VT with the inferior 970m :D I had been eyeing the GL502 for a few months also haha :D

Thanks! I didn't realise that Asus may choose not to launch the GL502VS at all.

AhBui168

Master Member
Reaction score
Recently I purchased ROG 702 from gamepro

Cause i still refer bigger screen...

marc_cheng

Reaction score
It been sold at gamepro for months now

hi lightl,

I managed to snag a GL502VS from Sitex, sold by Gamepro at a very good price!

However, when I visited gamepro's website today, the GL502VS is no longer available?!?!

AhBui168

Master Member
Reaction score
hi lightl,

However, when I visited gamepro's website today, the GL502VS is no longer available?!?!

Bro. Please share your Deal.

How much you purchase and what free gift you get?!

lightl

Reaction score
hi lightl,

Er I dun think they update the info on their website regularly... Best to pm them directly on fb. Anw congrats :D

siandiao

Reaction score
Recently I got a chance to try the Asus ROG Strix GL502. To start off, here are the specs of the GL502 tested:

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-6700 HQ
Nvidia GTX 1070
32GB RAM

I’ve previously tried the G752, its other gaming cousin. One distinctive difference is that while G752 is designed for really hardcore gamers, the Strix is more for the general gamers that plays demanding games. A notable difference is that the Strix feels slightly more lightweight and sleek compared to the G752. Indeed, it weighs at around 2.2kg, which is way lighter than the G752’s 4kg and about a couple of hundred grams heavier than other power laptops such as the Macbook Pro.

Indeed, it is because of such relative lightweight, that of all the gaming laptops that I have previously tested (GX700, G752, and Strix GL502), the Strix is the only one which I can easily bring to other places by just slipping the laptop into my messenger bag, and bringing around to play in places such as cafes, offices, campuses, and even cruises.

In spite of the light weight, the laptop manages to pack itself with GTX 1070 (8GB RAM) graphics card. This makes playing new and high graphics demand games possible even when travelling. It also comes packed with an Nvidia G-sync monitor, which ensured smooth and no tearing while playing fast games. The speakers deliver pretty rich and audible audio.

The minor caveat of Strix is that it is very power hungry. I have tried gaming Overwatch on the top deck of a cruise (without any power socket). The battery drained to slightly less than half after about an hour of Overwatch. Even while not gaming, it drains after about 3 to 4 hours of just typing and occasional movie watching.

Overall, I think it’s quite a good gaming laptop! Though always remember to bring your power brick + find power sockets

WRiKeDz.jpg

WTPBTVL.jpg

1Fiop0r.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.