[AMA] I just bought a skylake es chip from aliexpress

wad3v3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meaning cannot overclock, unstable or dead on arrival? :s11:

i read up on it. This are engineering samples which are NOT proven to be stable chips. Its maybe samples for companies like hp to test stuff / to use as a "servicing" chip etc :s13:

ykgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
When a baby is born, does the baby instantly get a name or register first??:s11:

Paiseh. On reading carefully, then realise this is an engineering sample. Didn't cross my mind this would find its way into consumers' hands. :eek:

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Intel ES chips belong to Intel and are not for resale.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005719.html

For purely academic reasons, in case anyone is interested -

Singapore Penal Code

Stolen property
410.—(1) Property the possession whereof has been transferred by theft ... and property which has been criminally misappropriated, or in respect of which criminal breach of trust or cheating has been committed, is designated as “stolen property”, whether the transfer has been made or the misappropriation or breach of trust or cheating has been committed within or without (emphasis mine - "without Singapore" means outside Singapore) Singapore. But if such property subsequently comes into the possession of a person legally entitled to the possession thereof, it then ceases to be stolen property.

Dishonestly receiving stolen property
411.—(1) Whoever dishonestly receives or retains any stolen property, knowing or having reason to believe the property to be stolen property, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 5 years, or with fine, or with both.

tl;dr: don't buy Intel ES chips

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sadly i cant because the temps are too high. only able to push to 4.0 :s13:

Anyway thanks for the quick reply
Delid ;) A lot of life left in your chip for sure once temps get under control by delidding.

OmegaSupreme

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Singapore Penal Code

Stolen property
410.—(1) Property the possession whereof has been transferred by theft ... and property which has been criminally misappropriated, or in respect of which criminal breach of trust or cheating has been committed, is designated as “stolen property”, whether the transfer has been made or the misappropriation or breach of trust or cheating has been committed within or without (emphasis mine - "without Singapore" means outside Singapore) Singapore. But if such property subsequently comes into the possession of a person legally entitled to the possession thereof, it then ceases to be stolen property.

411.—(1) Whoever dishonestly receives or retains any stolen property, knowing or having reason to believe the property to be stolen property, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 5 years, or with fine, or with both.

Uh-oh...:eek:

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Singapore Penal Code

Stolen property

anyhow quote penal code... don't be a fear monger lah

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Please point out which part of the Penal Code I have quoted wrongly or clarify why it was wrongly quoted.

innocent until proven guilty, why don't you make the case of how that part of the penal code applies?

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
innocent until proven guilty, why don't you make the case of how that part of the penal code applies?

If you need legal advice, please go to a lawyer.

I've provided the link from Intel's website and extract from the Penal Code to substantiate the statements in my post. If you are unable to understand how those sections apply, I have no interest in educating you.

You have deemed it fit to start slinging mud by alleging fear mongering without offering a shred of evidence. Prove fear mongering or shut your hole.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.