[NAS] QNAP NAS owner club!

pinkahlao

Reaction score
Was reading up on NAS and realise Qnap seems like a better choice than Synology in terms of price to hardware specs and also have more than LAN connection and can evolve easily to a better one.

Qnap NAS buy from where ah? I see only Bizgram pricelist have 2 models.. I'm looking for that 2 bay 253A with expansion slot for upgrading to 10GB LAN one. Help please.

evildoctor

Reaction score
You can check Carousell , Lazada or local retail shops like Memory World or Ace peripherals .

Was reading up on NAS and realise Qnap seems like a better choice than Synology in terms of price to hardware specs and also have more than LAN connection and can evolve easily to a better one.

Qnap NAS buy from where ah? I see only Bizgram pricelist have 2 models.. I'm looking for that 2 bay 253A with expansion slot for upgrading to 10GB LAN one. Help please.

achui

Reaction score
My 3rd NAS

Wow.. This thread really quiet... Really hope it means QNAP is really rock solid.

Anyway, I was wondering...anyone has any comments on the latest NAS TS-963X ? Or TS-1685? Before this I was contemplating TS-1685 (Damn! the case is nice) . And now TS-963X.. it's wayy cheaper and smaller but still a cool looking NAS. But a bit worried about it being AMD...

Let me share some background.. I have already 2 NAS at home TS-439 and DS1812+ .. Yeah, i have both QNAP and Synology. My primary 24/7 NAS is my Synology which is running out of space now. So I was thinking instead of getting new drives might as well get a new enclosure too..

I'm looking at QNAP is also because of the virtualization capability too...

So, in short anyone with any opinion on these two NAS models?

Cheers,
Andrew

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm thinking whether is it worth it to buy another hdd to change my current single disk to raid 1. About 3 years old liao... Although I got external hdd plugged into the USB port to do back up for some more critical data.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow.. This thread really quiet... Really hope it means QNAP is really rock solid.

Anyway, I was wondering...anyone has any comments on the latest NAS TS-963X ? Or TS-1685? Before this I was contemplating TS-1685 (Damn! the case is nice) . And now TS-963X.. it's wayy cheaper and smaller but still a cool looking NAS. But a bit worried about it being AMD...

Let me share some background.. I have already 2 NAS at home TS-439 and DS1812+ .. Yeah, i have both QNAP and Synology. My primary 24/7 NAS is my Synology which is running out of space now. So I was thinking instead of getting new drives might as well get a new enclosure too..

I'm looking at QNAP is also because of the virtualization capability too...

So, in short anyone with any opinion on these two NAS models?

Cheers,
Andrew

Synology also have VM capabilities...

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Local Qnap dealers dun carry many models
Is it safe to buy from Amazon or Newegg?
Price also more attractive

vibranze

Reaction score
Anyone own TR-004 here? Any reviews? Planning to get this model as it has USB-C to connect directly from the PC/Laptop instead of via network, so appreciates any reviews, pros/cons of this particular unit.

Or, is there a NAS that has a direct connection via USB-C as well besides the network ports?

Thank you.

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Qnap 451+? The HDMI looks good. Not sure whether it will lag while playing movie?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.