[News] Zotac ZBOX CI320 nano mini-PC coming later this month for just $360

richardgoh

Reaction score
The issue of booting Ubuntu 14 headless has been resolved.
No need to sell for now.
Thanks

iron2000

Reaction score
Didn't someone said Tradepac & Cybermind carry these models? Those should have local warranty. In terms of reliability, Zotac is good. But have they improved the way to flash their bios yet?

Flashing BIOS need bootable DOS USB.
Used FreeDOS.
To get the USB to boot need to set BIOS from WIN8 UEFI to LEGACY ONLY.
Took me the whole afternoon to figure it out.
They should implement something like ASUS Q-flash.

Just to check is the SSD and Ram upgradable?

Yup, one 2.5" HDD slot and one RAM slot.
The case is easily opened after unscrewing 4 screws, very easy.

Dr_Disciple

Reaction score
The warranty is covered by Beyond Geek in Singapore for CI320. It'll be covered if you buy from Cybermind, Lazada or Qoo10. It's all from the same supplier :)

@Richard - very happy that the issue is resolved. Hope our support is up to your standards :).

@croc1977 - You can upgrade the memory and SSD but we suggest you contact Beyond Geek to purchase the barebone version. The last I heard they are going to list on Lazada the barebone version with 128GB SSD / 4GB memory but without OS. It's gonna be priced around S$360 as well. It's meant for customer who wants to dedicate this machine for linux/ubuntu use.

please note that the image for the Windows 8.1 OS is NOT located in the SSD. It's in the disc that comes with the CI320 and you can recover the OS to your new SSD via booting from CD.

Hope the info helps

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Flashing BIOS need bootable DOS USB.
Used FreeDOS.
To get the USB to boot need to set BIOS from WIN8 UEFI to LEGACY ONLY.
Took me the whole afternoon to figure it out.
They should implement something like ASUS Q-flash.

Precisely my point. Almost every other competitor already moved on. Windows xp obsoleted. Microsoft also announced to eol win7 and win8. Zotac still talking about dos? Should users be impressed or encouraged?

Last edited:

richardgoh

Reaction score
DOS is fine for flashing firmware

Precisely my point. Almost every other competitor already moved on. Windows xp obsoleted. Microsoft also annoyed to eol win7 and win8. Zotac still talking about dos? Should users be impressed or encouraged?

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DOS is fine for flashing firmware

That's the same as saying it's fine for tablets & smartphones sales outstripping pc sales. Without doing anything, one miraculous day, PC sales will just revive by itself.

刘德华说:今时今日,你这样的服務态度是不行的。
Translation: Andy Lau said: By today's standard, your service attitude is no longer acceptable.

Last edited:

richardgoh

Reaction score
you dont know what you are talking about

That's the same as saying it's fine for tablets & smartphones sales outstripping pc sales. Without doing anything, one miraculous day, PC sales will just revive by itself.

刘德华说:今时今日,你这样的服務态度是不行的。
Translation: Andy Lau said: By today's standard, your service attitude is no longer acceptable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.