[Off Topic] The Longest Chit-Chat Thread in HWC - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Afaik, unis only give mindef blackout periods, meaning can kena call up during hols.

So if got placing in gahmen uni, can defer for 4 years? Worth it?
Yes IHL is your amulet.... MINDEF can't touch you entirely, even during hols....

You need to receive IHL letter from MINDEF to know if you are officially on it...

Last edited:

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need to take IPPT? if need to take (unless you every year can go take money) then no point deferring. Quickly finish and MR then don't need to do IPPT anymore.

anyway if they call you back during school term, not as if you can tell that to your uni to skip classes. they'll tell you to go submit deferment request otherwise they mark you as absent.

How to finish quickly when they can only call you up to 1 HK and 1 LK per working year....

And MINDEF ain't your primary school can don't come and mark you as absent on parade state. :crazy:

jarred1223

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got called up for reservist while studying private uni. once during exam period, applied deferment and gave proof = deferment successful. another time during my holiday, that one cannot zao. lucky it's only LK.

my friend in SMU kena HK while holiday period. he didn't apply for any deferment, I guess his reason is faster clear faster MR.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like that means can defer, only worth it or not. I think I got high chance posted to CSH unit, just dunno if worth it to defer to maintain grades.

No defer = MR approx 34-35yo
Defer = MR approx 38-39yo :s22::s22:
I don't see any disadvantage to be on IHL when

1. You can concentrate fully on your studies. No need to receive rank pay in the first 4 years. Rather, you can receive your job pay (at managerial level by late 30s) in the final 4 years. You gain more on the long run.

2. Your unit will be less probable to ask you do sai kang as you are 4 years older towards end of your ICT cycles.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got called up for reservist while studying private uni. once during exam period, applied deferment and gave proof = deferment successful. another time during my holiday, that one cannot zao. lucky it's only LK.

my friend in SMU kena HK while holiday period. he didn't apply for any deferment, I guess his reason is faster clear faster MR.
Your SMU friend only kena in his first year right?

bunnypangsai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dk what dac amp to go with it. Don't really want poop audio cos the switches and knobs are poop. Shaky etc, not built to precision.

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes IHL is your amulet.... MINDEF can't touch you entirely, even during hols....

You need to receive IHL letter from MINDEF to know if you are officially on it...

So is apply for deferment directly with Mindeaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.