[Off Topic] The Longest Chit-Chat Thread in HWC - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heng I nv dab into this... what if u spam all the TIM into the die or solder it? Lol....

Attempt 1, Open and check (Uneven)
ycMLk3h.jpg

Attempt 2/3, Similar, TIM stamped on IHS evenly but 3rd is slightly more even. Forgot to take final pic
xBk7Akj.jpg

Pretty sure its thick enough to sustain but MX4 is not viscous enough, only suited for normal update between heat sink and IHS. If its soldered IHS like sandybridge really no worries :(.

Finally I didn't scrape off the PCB glue cause its quite even and height is quite negligible, using it as a stencil for relidding if needed.

Last edited:

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks ok to me.... the opener like not bad... quite well made and exact...

So true the tool is well made. The "pit" on the underside plate for seating CPU is exact Skylake/Kabylake PCB thickness.

So when a haswell CPU goes on, a small bit of the Haswell or earlier PCB will protrude, that's why the hammer or the delidding portion has a slight groove to "catch" the IHS without shearing the PCB. But since the force is applied slideways via an allen key, can't twist it too fast too hard.

Supposed to tear the black adhesive slowly than snap it and IHS flick against the top side pit's area for ihs to move sideway.

So its user problem. Suck thumb wait for liquid metal. :(

Last edited:

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So true the tool is well made. The "pit" on the underside plate for seating CPU is exact Skylake/Kabylake PCB thickness.

So when a haswell CPU goes on, a small bit of the Haswell or earlier PCB will protrude, that's why the hammer or the delidding portion has a slight groove to "catch" the IHS without shearing the PCB.

When ur liquid metal coming? Then now ur pc cannot use liao ah?

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When ur liquid metal coming? Then now ur pc cannot use liao ah?

Can, just that when open an application or when web browser loading the fan will ramp to high then back to idle RPM lol cuz of sudden temp spike, cuz inconsistent heat transfer.

When it was freshly applied, no ramping even with raised OC. Intel TIM (mostly minimal ramping) . Now is audible liao (worse than Intel TIM) :s22:.

Dunno normal Deutsche post how long transfer to singpost. Tracking almost inexistent. Any idea? Hope in a week's time ba. :crazy:

Last edited:

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can, just that when open an application or when web browser loading the fan will ramp to high then back to idle RPM lol cuz of sudden temp spike, cuz inconsistent heat transfer.

When it was freshly applied, no ramping even with raised OC. Intel TIM (mostly minimal ramping) . Now is audible liao (worse than Intel TIM) :s22:.

Dunno normal Deutsche post how long transfer to singpost. Tracking almost inexistent. Any idea? Hope in a week's time ba. :crazy:

Deutsche post is dhl? I got one shipment released on Monday.... now en route haven rch sg yet...

Sounds like ur first delid project had phail....for now :(

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So when a haswell CPU goes on, a small bit of the Haswell or earlier PCB will protrude, that's why the hammer or the delidding portion has a slight groove to "catch" the IHS without shearing the PCB. But since the force is applied slideways via an allen key, can't twist it too fast too hard.

Supposed to tear the black adhesive slowly than snap it and IHS flick against the top side pit's area for ihs to move sideway.

i bot the rockit88 & clu end 2016, busy thru cny period til now havn't delid :o:s22:

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Deutsche post is dhl? I got one shipment released on Monday.... now en route haven rch sg yet...

DHL is a subsidiary of Deutsche Post. And although you see DHL vans marked as "Deutsche Post DHL", DHL and DP run separately. So basically DP is Sinkpost. It's like USPS reach SG then handover to Sinkpost

For all international parcels being injected into local network, Sinkpost takes minimum 2 days to process. For your reference, my parcel took 4 days (3 business) to reach SG after leaving CH - and that was SwissPost's priority shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.