[Off Topic] The Longest Chit-Chat Thread in HWC - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pure google experience go for pixel.

Want the best performance to price ratio, got for the OP3T.

If i were to choose, OP3T for me. Period.

Yeah clearly the reasons for choosing either. But considering ip7 courage phone recon bnib prices are either cheaper than Pixel with proper warranty coverage might as well hoot ip7.

But moi needed the flexibility of android with low bloat so moi ended up with OP3T cause imo the pixel needed more justification to hoot..

Hope it will not disappoint like OPO qc or LG with the bootloop shenanigans haizzz :(:(:(

IceCreamPoop

Reaction score
Woke up to find lazada selling local set of 128gb evo+ sd card at 40+.......but its oos :(

Ordered one for my laobu just 2 days ago on qoo10 40 bux export set....

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah clearly the reasons for choosing either. But considering ip7 courage phone recon bnib prices are either cheaper than Pixel with proper warranty coverage might as well hoot ip7.

But moi needed the flexibility of android with low bloat so moi ended up with OP3T cause imo the pixel needed more justification to hoot..

Hope it will not disappoint like OPO qc or LG with the bootloop shenanigans haizzz :(:(:(

Pixel phone is a rid off IMO for that pricing. Nothing special, just a name change and people go GAGA over it.

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just bought the Aukey 5port (4 + 1QC2.0) usb charger over at shopee. Priced at <23 with shipping is quite a good price :)

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pixel phone is a rid off IMO for that pricing. Nothing special, just a name change and people go GAGA over it.

Yeah. Good features, software and performance but does not necessarily crush its competitors in product finish, lower IP rating, design (the fugly glass window, screen to body ratio) and price.

If the pricing was more sensible to make up for its shortcomings it would have been a much more popular choice.... Huawei mate 9 looks like a good choice too but 5.9 inch..

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Good features, software and performance but does not necessarily crush its competitors in product finish, lower IP rating, design (the fugly glass window, screen to body ratio) and price.

If the pricing was more sensible to make up for its shortcomings it would have been a much more popular choice.... Huawei mate 9 looks like a good choice too but 5.9 inch..

How many inch again? :s8: ;) :s13:

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can recommend me a nice looking 120mm AIO closed loop cooler? :o
if SG have i recommend this
HS015NX_151395_285x255.jpg

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can speak for the H80i GT/ V2. But its a thick 120mm rad model. Typical asetek AIO.

Minor annoyances: For mine, screw hole depth not even, some sides may need 2 washers to prevent it from wobbling.

Major annoyances: Poor and noisy stock fans but cooling is good you replace them with good rad fans.

Just an OK product, probably can pretty it with certain fans.

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can speak for the H80i GT/ V2. But its a thick 120mm rad model. Typical asetek AIO.

Minor annoyances: For mine, screw hole depth not even, some sides may need 2 washers to prevent it from wobbling.

Major annoyances: Poor and noisy stock fans but cooling is good you replace them with good rad fans.

i dont like the fact the the h100/h80 tubes are abit inflexible

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if SG have i recommend this
HS015NX_151395_285x255.jpg

I actually came across this but not selling here nor Lazada... :(

Thanks but no thanks. Their radiator fins also tends to rust after a while right?

I honestly can't trust Corsair's QC nowadays. And i find their design language boring already.. :s22:

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually came across this but not selling here nor Lazada... :(

Thanks but no thanks. Their radiator fins also tends to rust after a while right?

I honestly can't trust Corsair's QC nowadays. And i find their design language boring already.. :s22:
No rusting on mine though, fins are aluminum. Why chiu getting AIO? :crazy:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Corsairs direction seems so-so imho.

Their chassis is mostly taking their older designs and revamp it by slapping a PSU shroud, wire management shroud, and lastly tempered glass everywhere. They like no longer bother much about their Obsidian series anymore where it was their prime selling point of minimalistic and also clean brushed looks. But for some reason, they take 2 steps back for the 750D Air flow edition by destroying the front looks but somehow, it brings more air into the chassis. In all although chassis they do have some nice implementations along the way, but hope to see a better design make over instead.

As for their AIO coolers, i have no complains, but design are at minimal. But some of their pump heads they no longer offer rotating barbs. Kinda sux that they make it fixed positions. Partly also to prevent leaks or mishandling ><.

Peripherals, till today i never liked any of their keyboards nor mice. None can entice me even 1 bit, and in conjunction with weird and difficult to understand software.

PSU, to me only the SF, AX, HX, RMi series are worth looking at.

Lastly their Corsair Link, which needs a lot of improvement works IF they are gonna incorporate everything, such as their fans, their PSU, their peripherals etc.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Corsair link dun always work for me, dun know why. Today it's fine, tomorrow and the day after it's not and then back to working fine again.

And corsair rams hate my Mpower mobo, or maybe it's the other way ard but i put back my oem rams, everything run perfectly.

Corsair PSU so ex locally, end up i got a eVGA psu from amazon. See the price of eVGA psu in singapore i laugh all the way to my bank account.

The fans on the Corsair AIO H80i are sai. Period. SAI. Spend S$150 on the AIO still need to replace the fans for better one. Total cost went up and performance is on par with my noctua HS. Should have save more by going for a Cryorig R1 or even spend nothing at all by sticking back to my Noctua.

IceCreamPoop

Reaction score
Just transfer over my stuff yesterday and now i have a CM431 lying around. Anyone wants it, if not i recycle/throw liao.

I cleaned it up a little while moving over the stuff cus of OCD but nvr clean all the way since not using anymore.
The only issue with the case is front audio jack spoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.