[Speakers] Is Razer Leviathan worth it?

dethangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leviathan?

Big no.

Why?

Subwoofer power amp is dismal.

Think there are better (priced & value for $) alternatives out there.

Those who understand audio should know the basics of a sub requires "extra headroom" of power to drive those unpredictable bursts.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leviathan?

Big no.

Why?

Those who understand audio should know the basics of a sub requires "extra headroom" of power to drive those unpredictable bursts.

Yeap. Not just that. All old decoders. Only got bluetooth with apx. The rest all crap.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
T6? Doesn't really deliver as well as their 2.1 options + considering cost to performance output.

Optical connections are better than 3.5mm audio jacks - digital vs. analog. Especially useful if you're not using a sound card; all the processing takes place at the speaker instead of the system's DAC.

Ah I see. thanks. What about the T6? Does the 4.1 setup make a big difference over 2.1?

Also, a lot of speakers seem to have moved on to optical connections (TOSlink). Does it make a difference?

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
T6? Doesn't really deliver as well as their 2.1 options + considering cost to performance output.

Optical connections are better than 3.5mm audio jacks - digital vs. analog. Especially useful if you're not using a sound card; all the processing takes place at the speaker instead of the system's DAC.
Duly noted. The days of sound cards are over I guess. My sister's next speaker set will be digital. Cut down on the cost of the sound card and drop it on the price of a speaker.

Though I'm wondering, if the sound cards 'features' are used (I'm talking about all the DTS, Dolby, Creative CMSS stuff, Razer's audio wallhacking feature) ; are they passed on through an optical (hence digital) connection?

Last edited:

garfield82

Master Member
Reaction score
For ppl interested on Leviathan, can go over to Funan Lv3 gamepro shop and listen... it sounded like a 30-50 dollar pasa malam speakers... seriously... it does sounds like them..

:s13: I just stick to my good old T40s2 and T3

Tiffa

Reaction score
Frankly, I will suggest to skip Logitech Z623. Its kind of muffled and the volume knob now got problem after I used for a year plus. Keep getting static sound when turning.

Think I will get back a Gigaworks T3 even tho the wired control sucks ( I bought 2 spare during my previous T3 time), old school yet it sounds good.

Hard to imagine I have an Altec Lancing more than 10 years ago with a remote control and all the new ones doesnt have it. Regretted to throw that away after I bought the T3 then...

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go for the Razer, not for the sound, but for the looks. if u have a H440 razer case, then can consider to complete that Razer theme. For Razer fanboys.....

iZoneSG

Reaction score
Luckily I did not chiong for one of these when they were marketing it for pre-order.
Now the first impressions, reviews, and the clever marketing (cover ups) + testing demo sets prove again its all a marketing hype for plain aesthetics.
Sticking to my old quality speakers. Money saved. Heng.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO, only razor mouse (DA) is decent, the rest are all very overpriced, with the company going more for style than quality..

DeadandBuried

Master Member
Reaction score
Leviathan?

Big no.

Why?

Dismal power amp? The Leviathan seems to have a passive subwoofer. Meaning, it has no power amp at all. Check the specs on the side of the box and it says "Subwoofer (passive) 30W" or something like that.

At the price Razer is peddling this speaker, the least they can do is provide a powered subwoofer.

kingsen

Reaction score
Swan M50W is so far the best speaker I ever used , bang for bucks max.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.