[SSD] CrystalDiskInfo shows 99% Health Status

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All along it has been 100%, Good. But today I saw that, it becomes 99%. Is that something I should be worried about?

MxHiOyi.jpg

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Don't bench so frequently, they actually degrade over time faster if you run such programs more frequently.

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
How old is your drive? Noticed you are running on older firmware, dunno if updating new firmware will help. Personally I don't think it's a big deal.

Release Date: 03/25/2014
Firmware for the M500 (all form factors) is being updated from version MU03 to MU05. The M500 is updateable to this new firmware starting from previous versions using tools provided by Micron.

This update will be mandatory cut-in for new product built in Micron factories, and is an OPTIONAL update for any drive in the field. For end users, it is recommended if the user is experiencing or wishes to prevent an issue related to the following items.

Version MU05 includes the following changes:

Improved Drive latency performance in applications with SMART polling
Improved Compatibility with 3rd party encryption management software
Corrected Reporting of SMART attribute 196 and 183
Increased thermal throttling response on 960GB Capacity for greater reliability
Corrected Upgrade issues experienced on MU03 by some customers
Numerous Bug fixes and stability improvements

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-ssd

http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Feedback-Thread-Firmware-MU05-for-the-M500/td-p/146872

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.