6 months waiting for Axle graphic card RMA via Classic Dynasty with lousy service

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The point is, if it's not failing... there isn't any rma to worry about? Unless you are those type who always buy & overclock till it spoil...

The ORIGINAL point made by Roy was about distro RMA effectiveness, not whether the card works or not. And anyway, GPU do spoil even without OC

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The point is, if it's not failing... there isn't any rma to worry about? Unless you are those type who always buy & overclock till it spoil...

Proper ocing shouldnt affect your rig's lifespan unless you wanna keep 6-10yrs

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

These kinds of thing hard to say one...

Take my case for example. In 2008 I bought a MSI mobo and the Ethernet port was DOA. Fast forward six years and I decided to buy MSI again and guess what, the Ethernet port was faulty once again :s22:

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These kinds of thing hard to say one...

Take my case for example. In 2008 I bought a MSI mobo and the Ethernet port was DOA. Fast forward six years and I decided to buy MSI again and guess what, the Ethernet port was faulty once again :s22:

Isn't that the point why people recommend to buy ONLY the reputed & reliable brands? Didn't we say Asus, Gigabyte & AsRock? And in fact, even though ECS or Elitegroup isn't popular, all my ECS board are working fine after years. I think ECS can also be in the list.

Of course, that's just my personal preference & opinion... it's ok for anyone to disagree or have different option or preference. It's your own free will. :D

Last edited:

guitar7997

Reaction score
B**g**m sells alot of cheap stuffs but warranty is :s22:
Wow this is something new. I always thought warranty should all be quite standard one so I bought from the most competitive. If I buy from there again I will double check. Thanks for your input :)

Maybe try ask CASE to help you.
Yes, I am planning on that. Although never try this avenue before, I think it will be worth my effort to call them. Thanks!

Is a pity that they do not take any ownership of the card.

I'm afraid that you won't be able to see your card ever again.

Lesson learn and move on, get some better card at a much better value now.

GT440 also can retire. Something that is worth much more is the GTX750 1gb with more performance and value to it at $169.

If you really want cheap buy lesser known brands like:

Powercolor, Palit, Leadtek, Zotac and Sapphire, Club, HIS, EVGA. This are vendor brands. And are represented by all those big distro in sg.

EDIT: 3 Major brands that are sold in SG are MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte are also with a reputable distro below.

Such as Ban Leong, Convergent, Tech Dynamic, CDL Trading, Corbell and ASview/AStech
Thanks for your valuable input. Will definitely look at the brands you mention. Currently busy with work so cant do any research atm.

Thanks TS for the heads up
No prob, this is the wonder of internet. :)

guitar7997

Reaction score
It's Ok bro we all learn the hard way sometimes, myself included.
Thanks bro.

I think TS you can consider the card lost already, just get a new reputable one.
I got this feeling too. But since Classic Dynasty ask me for more time, I will just play along and wait until end of next week for them to call me. If it really turns out that my card is lost, I will seek help from CASE first to hear their suggestion for resolving this and decide if it is worth to take the time and effort or not.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It is really unreasonable to have to wait for 6 months.

Alternative X

Reaction score
You can also try filing a claim at the Small Claims Tribunal as a last resort if CASE is unable to help you.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro.

I got this feeling too. But since Classic Dynasty ask me for more time, I will just play along and wait until end of next week for them to call me. If it really turns out that my card is lost, I will seek help from CASE first to hear their suggestion for resolving this and decide if it is worth to take the time and effort or not.

They wun call u. U call them better.

guitar7997

Reaction score
Called Classic Dynasty just now and received very bad attitude. From the phone conversation, it is quite obvious they have found my graphic card much earlier in the week, but they expressed with a lousy attitude that its not their duty to make a courtesy call asap to inform me that my card is found after I have been waiting for almost 7 months. I think they did this to punish me because I have emailed the RMA centre in HK with this issue and it must have caused them much trouble.

I seriously urge bros to avoid this Axle brand GPU and this Classic Dynasty shop at Sim Lim Square.

I will probably head down to collect it tomorrow but don't have high hopes it is repaired with this kind of customer service. However the outcome, thank all bros for your input on this thread. :)

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Called Dynasty Classic just now and received very bad attitude. From the phone conversation, it is quite obvious they have found my graphic card much earlier in the week, but they expressed with a lousy attitude that its not their duty to make a courtesy call asap to inform me that my card is found after I have been waiting for almost 7 months. I think they did this to punish me because I have emailed the RMA centre in HK with this issue and it must have caused them much trouble.

I seriously urge bros to avoid this Axle GPG brand and this Classic Dynasty shop at Sim Lim Square.

I will probably head down to collect it tomorrow but don't have high hopes it is repaired with this kind of customer service. However the outcome, thank all bros for your input on this thread. :)

All the best bro!

If you really need a new card you are more than welcome to ask for recommendations over here again.

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I seriously urge bros to avoid this Axle GPG brand and this Classic Dynasty shop at Sim Lim Square.

No one here probably ever buys from lesser/chapalang TW/CN brands like Axle and Manli anymore today. Next time wanna buy GPU make life easier liao, base on which distro you find best location wise suited to yours :o

Palit, Sapphire, EVGA, Club3D - Ubi service center
MSI - Lee Hsien Loong GRC service center
Gigabyte - Clementi service center

guitar7997

Reaction score
All the best bro!

If you really need a new card you are more than welcome to ask for recommendations over here again.

Thanks bro. If it is still faulty, I will probably get the one you recommended here as it is within my budget. Bro, may I ask shop do you recommend?

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. If it is still faulty, I will probably get the one you recommended here as it is within my budget. Bro, may I ask shop do you recommend?

You can try a few shops there.

PC Themes, Tradepac, Cybermind.

guitar7997

Reaction score
No one here probably ever buys from lesser/chapalang TW/CN brands like Axle and Manli anymore today. Next time wanna buy GPU make life easier liao, base on which distro you find best location wise suited to yours :o

Palit, Sapphire, EVGA, Club3D - Ubi service center
MSI - Lee Hsien Loong GRC service center
Gigabyte - Clementi service center

Yes bro, I have learnt my lesson well and thank you for input again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.