Acer XB271HU

twlee88

Reaction score
yes when power is on, thats how it detected my displayport cable when I first plug in with no signal

it detected..but i just see background..no mouse cursor....i do plug in hdmi to hdmi too..just changing input on monitor

Alexleeweiqiang

Reaction score
jH54NvWl.jpg

My new love

Sent from Samsung SM-G920I using GAGT

shine_38

Reaction score
hmm maybe cable issues

You can buy from Curve Cables. If you order today, should be able to receive it by tomorrow.
Bought my mini DP to DP from SLS and got lots of problems with screen flickering every few minutes. Bought at Curve Cables and those are definitely high quality cables in comparison.

or u wanna buy new cable from here

http://www.curvecables.asia/displayport-cables.aspx

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/DISPLAYPORT-CABLE-GOLD-PLATED-AUDIO/426123751?sellerview=on

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
it detected..but i just see background..no mouse cursor....i do plug in hdmi to hdmi too..just changing input on monitor
That is exactly why I recommended you not to buy your mDP-DP cable from SLS because I myself faced the same experience.
Now that you are in the same footsteps as me, I'd recommend you heed my advice and buy your cable from shine_38's links below. Curve Cables's cables are quite high quality and I've bought my mDP-DP cable for my laptop to monitor connection along with 2 other DP cables on 2 separate occasions after I've upgraded my setup to a full sized desktop. And unlike the SLS DP cables, theirs never gave me any sort of problems.

Challenger most likely does not have these cables along with the Nubox as I myself have been there looking for these cables till I found Curve Cables. :s12:

twlee88

Reaction score
now that i able to use only dp cable for the monitor (no hdmi), i manage to get it worked...

but the problem is.....i try change setting in nvidia control panel, enable gsync, turn off vsync in global...and set the resolution to 1440p.

all is ok...except the refresh rate..it stuck at 60..when i click 144...monitor turn dark....for a few seconds...turn back on...the refresh rate change back to 60...

twlee88

Reaction score
That is exactly why I recommended you not to buy your mDP-DP cable from SLS because I myself faced the same experience.
Now that you are in the same footsteps as me, I'd recommend you heed my advice and buy your cable from shine_38's links below. Curve Cables's cables are quite high quality and I've bought my mDP-DP cable for my laptop to monitor connection along with 2 other DP cables on 2 separate occasions after I've upgraded my setup to a full sized desktop. And unlike the SLS DP cables, theirs never gave me any sort of problems.

Challenger most likely does not have these cables along with the Nubox as I myself have been there looking for these cables till I found Curve Cables. :s12:

thanks bro LiLasN and shine_38 for recommending the cable and qoo links..
just ordered..

meanwhile using hdmi cable to use the monitor..hopefully no more trouble after this:(:(:(

twlee88

Reaction score
I see you finally took the plunge bro. :s13:

Btw how do you all check for backlight bleed?

go to this website (found online)

http://jasonfarrell.com/misc/deadpixeltest.php

press black..press F11 for fullscreen..off the lights...

snap the photo with camera..you'll see the blb issues.

other than that, i use other color white red green blue to find dead pixel..

but do be warned, once u saw the dead pixel, it will be forever as u will keep notice it..

im still in contact with acer sg on this issues...they are not very responsive...

just worried they'll say "warranty doesnt cover this, u got the monitor its ur luck bye2" :(:(

c1em3ntchua

Reaction score
go to this website (found online)

http://jasonfarrell.com/misc/deadpixeltest.php

press black..press F11 for fullscreen..off the lights...

snap the photo with camera..you'll see the blb issues.

other than that, i use other color white red green blue to find dead pixel..

but do be warned, once u saw the dead pixel, it will be forever as u will keep notice it..

im still in contact with acer sg on this issues...they are not very responsive...

just worried they'll say "warranty doesnt cover this, u got the monitor its ur luck bye2" :(:(
I was testing my monitors with that link you posted last night. I am actually quite pleased with the BLB from my seating position (from other positions it can be quite bad though). When set to white, I noticed a "sick pixel" that seems to alternate between dead and alive. This "sick pixel" occurs on the monitor that has the slight yellow tint. Will be contacting Acer to see if this warrants a replacement.

Alexleeweiqiang

Reaction score
I see you finally took the plunge bro. :s13:

Btw how do you all check for backlight bleed?

yep bro. i still testing/calibrating. everything good except the BLB. it quite unnoticeable to my eye. still considering if want to contact acer for a change. sometimes the set they changed might become worse. :s13: it like lottery

Last edited:

twlee88

Reaction score
yep bro. i still testing/calibrating. everything good except the BLB. it quite unnoticeable to my eye. still considering if want to contact acer for a change. sometimes the set they changed might become worse. :s13: it like lottery

its kinda frustrating to pay for premium and get all this uncertainties..:vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

Alexleeweiqiang

Reaction score
I think the problem is on nvidia driver, my asus 770 also problem with dp , lasttime i use amd still ok

it not the driver issue. palit gpu does not come with DP (maybe selected model) if twlee88 bought other gpu it may already come with the display port and not have gone through the hassle to buy cable again from mini DP to DP and the cable cannot work...:s22:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.