• Nah... will wait for Nvidia Better Card

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mib500

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

AMD 300x series is going to launch soon...

so are you going to buy it or rather wait for new nvidia card (Basically more

powerful)
going to launch at least early next year (Rumors)...

any opinion?:zotto:

nvidia-vs-ati.jpg

monikernemo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New series and card must look at the top tiered cards (I.e. 90x/90) other tiered cards, expect more rebranding.

I think 390 will be comparable (with 390 having a bit of lead) to 980? And 390x will win 980 in terms of performance.

And exorbitant prices :ooo unless they offer 390x for price of a gtx 970!!!

idmanotic

Banned
Reaction score
AMD and Nvidia are actually friends...... They are competitors but they are NOT enemies......

Most of the time, you will see them having a product that is similar to each other in terms of price and performance......

Only niche products get a difference pricing segment.

Its purpose is to create stability and not to disrupt the market. Cause GPU is a very mature market with only AMD and Nvidia (Intel takes up majority but its due to integrated GPU). So as far as possible, do not create great disruption and fragment.

Lol.....This is what I learn in school....

idmanotic

Banned
Reaction score
New series and card must look at the top tiered cards (I.e. 90x/90) other tiered cards, expect more rebranding.

I think 390 will be comparable (with 390 having a bit of lead) to 980? And 390x will win 980 in terms of performance.

And exorbitant prices :ooo unless they offer 390x for price of a gtx 970!!!

390X will be the fastest card for a while. Nvidia will release something slightly faster and slightly more expensive.

monikernemo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AMD and Nvidia are actually friends...... They are competitors but they are NOT enemies......

Its purpose is to create stability and not to disrupt the market. Cause GPU is a very mature market with only AMD and Nvidia (Intel takes up majority but its due to integrated GPU). So as far as possible, do not create great disruption and fragment.

Lol.....This is what I learn in school....

So they are forced friends, rather than pure friends.

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If AMD 300 series is good I might sell my 3.5GB + slow 0.5GB GTX 970...

jgyy1990

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't see any need to sell of 970 unless games really uses over 3.6 gb

idmanotic

Banned
Reaction score
So they are forced friends, rather than pure friends.

Yes, bo pian. In such a market, you cannot be out to kill your competitors. else you may just end up killing yourself.

Thats why AMD and Nvidia friend fiend, no price war, no product war.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't see any need to sell of 970 unless games really uses over 3.6 gb

There is. Most grade AAA titles will exceed it.

BF4, Acu, witcher, shadow of mordor, and a few more other games will exceed.

On 1080p and ultra settings.

That does not include if the monitor is at 1440p.

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't need sell, just wait price drop buy one more to sli.

SLI 970 will make the crippled issue worst, as I mentioned bore, u are forcing out more FPS using the same crippled frame buffer (Vram), which mean bottle necking effect will start to become worst.

If single 970, its will still be quite alright.

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in the end... nvidia is better card than amd... no hard feeling but its true...

AMD is starting to buck up by hiring CPU engineers to optimize their driver. AMD wins in pure brute force in HW segment, but NV is always better in both drivers and efficiency,

NV may edge out better, but not by a mile, and they are much more costly.

For me I will be waiting for NV because I cannot imagine the amount of power those AMD 300 card need and how much heat they are puffing out using the same old 28nm node.

However for the next generate GPU that uses 14 or 16nm, I might jump ship to red camp!

Last edited:

monikernemo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SLI 970 will make the crippled issue worst, as I mentioned bore, u are forcing out more FPS using the same crippled frame buffer (Vram), which mean bottle necking effect will start to become worst.

If single 970, its will still be quite alright.

Your knowledge of the gtx 970 issue will not make it perform worse than it first came out. Period.

Edit: wait, I don't understand what you are talking about. Not making a lot of sense to me. Limited vram, thus resulting in bottleneck..? Care to elaborate?

Last edited:

jgyy1990

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is. Most grade AAA titles will exceed it.

BF4, Acu, witcher, shadow of mordor, and a few more other games will exceed.

On 1080p and ultra settings.

That does not include if the monitor is at 1440p.

For these games yeah u right. But in reality gamers don't spend most of their time on AAA games.. Most hardcore gamers would spend most of their gaming time on online based games like warcraft, lol, dota, smite and etc which are not that graphically intensive unless 4k is used.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For these games yeah u right. But in reality gamers don't spend most of their time on AAA games.. Most hardcore gamers would spend most of their gaming time on online based games like warcraft, lol, dota, smite and etc which are not that graphically intensive unless 4k is used.

Yeah that's the concern you see.

As in there is no such thing as future proof. But if one has to be limited to 4gb vram in the near future is a bit sad to see such things happening.

If games continue to come out in this kind of usage, 3.5gb is not gonna do any good.

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your knowledge of the gtx 970 issue will not make it perform worse than it first came out. Period.

Edit: wait, I don't understand what you are talking about. Not making a lot of sense to me. Limited vram, thus resulting in bottleneck..? Care to elaborate?

There is a review showing how the GTX 970 crippled memory get worst with SLI setup. Its somewhere in this forum, you can go search for it or google it.

mib500

Master Member
Reaction score
There is a review showing how the GTX 970 crippled memory get worst with SLI setup. Its somewhere in this forum, you can go search for it or google it.

but still GTX 970 is powerful card... no matter what happen....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.