Any decent mini DP to DP cable?

sibotak2001

Reaction score
Hi to everyone here.

I need a third monitor in potrait orientation. However, my grphic cards' two dvi ports are already taken. Hence i will need a mini DP to DP for the third u2312hm.
Any bros here have any good experience with decent quality miniDP (graphics card output side) to DP (monitor input side) cables? Bought one before, but it didnt work well due to some 20th pin issue or smth. It would short the computer/grpahics card and the computer wouldnt be able to start.

Not doing eyefinity or anything. need the portrait monitor cos need to work with tall jpeg files. (not sure if that is the correct term)

Or should I just go the hdmi to dvi route if it is alot cheaper? DP is more future proof though. supports higher resolution..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.