Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 Motherboard (Ryzen)

ihatelit

Reaction score
Has anyone with the K4 board on bios version 2.20 managed to get P-state overclocking to work properly? Mine is on permanent P-state 0...

Reaction score
will Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming be superseded by Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming :s11:
Fatal1ty%20X370%20Professional%20Gaming(L1).png

fungamer

Reaction score
Glad to join the Ryzen community.

For those installing windows without PS2 mouse/keyboard, log in manufacturer's web and see if there is usb installation tool. Asrock has this patcher in the drivers section. Otherwise, there is Gigabyte Windows USB Installation Tool which just adds all you need to Win7 image in like 1 click:
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...getool_am4.zip
Should be able to work for all AM4.

Just a check with owners of this x370 k4 board :
1. Does your chassis fan rpm show irregular speed? Mine was chassis 2 fan running 11xx rpm, while the rest of chassis fans running on 16xx rpm. Fans are connected to mobo's.

2. on windows 7 device manager, under 'other devices', i have 3 x PCI Device flagged as yellow. It says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)", update driver leads to nowhere. What cld be it?

3. Seems to hear some echoe on youtube videos, despite disable sound effects. maybe i'll try uninstall sound blaster cinema 3?

Besides, i have managed to boot up with 3200mhz, rams are Corsair vengence 2x8gb white l.e.d version 5.39, Bios is the latest 2.40. Need to have a lil patience when the pc reboots several times. well, not too happy yet, gonna do a memory test to find out if it is stable.

ihatelit

Reaction score
Hi Fungamer,
Welcome to the club!
1. In your settings, is your chassis fan settings set to follow temperature on cpu temp or mobo temp?
2. Not too sure about this. Not using Windows 7.
3. Yup sounds good?
4. For your ram, May I know your ram timings? Is it cl14 or cl16? :)

fungamer

Reaction score
Hi Fungamer,
Welcome to the club!
1. In your settings, is your chassis fan settings set to follow temperature on cpu temp or mobo temp?
2. Not too sure about this. Not using Windows 7.
3. Yup sounds good?
4. For your ram, May I know your ram timings? Is it cl14 or cl16? :)

Hi there,
i think it was set to mobo. strangely, i had to go in F-stream tuning app to conduct a fan test, then it wld keep up with the rest at 16xx rpm. Once pc reset, it is back to 12xx rpm for chassis 2 fan. wonder if it is software related issue.

anyone else running windows 7 can help accessing into your device manager?

spoke to soon on ram. though i cld boot through xmp 3200mhz but once pc reset, it goes into boot loop, 3 times 3short beeps + 1 short beep. bios set it to 16,18,18,36 though.
on 2933mhz, no boot loop, passed memtest 1hr45min.
kinda lost now, if to try other bios versions, or remain 2933mhz and adjust timings.

ihatelit

Reaction score
Hi there,
i think it was set to mobo. strangely, i had to go in F-stream tuning app to conduct a fan test, then it wld keep up with the rest at 16xx rpm. Once pc reset, it is back to 12xx rpm for chassis 2 fan. wonder if it is software related issue.

anyone else running windows 7 can help accessing into your device manager?

spoke to soon on ram. though i cld boot through xmp 3200mhz but once pc reset, it goes into boot loop, 3 times 3short beeps + 1 short beep. bios set it to 16,18,18,36 though.
on 2933mhz, no boot loop, passed memtest 1hr45min.
kinda lost now, if to try other bios versions, or remain 2933mhz and adjust timings.

It's a bios setting. When you enter bios, go to hardware monitor. There can change the setting from mobo temp to cpu temp!

fungamer

Reaction score
It's a bios setting. When you enter bios, go to hardware monitor. There can change the setting from mobo temp to cpu temp!

tried that already, no impact, only way is set it to full speed in bios. then only it wld keep up with the rest.

as for device manager checks - *Solved by reinstalling*

rams remain at 2933mhz, set to 14-14-14-34 1T. Hope new agesa wld benefit everyone :)

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Win 10 setup via USB3.1 port?
I will try when rig is free.

lamesensei

Reaction score
was unable to post at my xmp profile of 2933 T.T.... sleeping now try again tml :'(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.