Aura Flow Items

gerker2009

Reaction score
I have a asus aura flow mobo and id cooling auraflow... but i not sure what gpu, ram, keyboard & mouse to buy to complete yhe aura flow setup. Any advice?

I saw rog mobo and rog gpu... can i used it for my intel processor???

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Auraflow mentioned compatibility with major rgb tech, so I assume it should work. For the parts you mentioned, perhaps you might want to find those that are compatible with asus aura sync software? Best compatibility perhaps from asus own line of products eg keyboard get the asus claymore. Mouse get the rog gladius.

If strict compatibility is not a concern, there are plenty more choices eg keyboard can get logitech orion spectrum, corsair k70 rgb, or more affordable per key rgb mechanical keyboards. Nzxt hue light strips and so on.

Noted on your cpu g4560. It's a kabylake cpu. Just get the kabylake series of boards that has aura sync headers should do. But it is uncommon to see a pentium paired with a rog. Also take note of the rgb tax.

Last edited:

gerker2009

Reaction score
Ok noted... is rog meant for amd processor??? I am abit blur... i have alrdy bought g4560 and asus strix b350f gamkng which has rgb slot... but may want to get i8 or ryzen 5... waiting for stock for gpu den i upgrade my cpu & ram... da gpu i saw also stated rog, means its for amd processor??? Sorry abit blur wif rog thingy

Auraflow mentioned compatibility with major rgb tech, so I assume it should work. For the parts you mentioned, perhaps you might want to find those that are compatible with asus aura sync software? Best compatibility perhaps from asus own line of products eg keyboard get the asus claymore. Mouse get the rog gladius.

If strict compatibility is not a concern, there are plenty more choices eg keyboard can get logitech orion spectrum, corsair k70 rgb, or more affordable per key rgb mechanical keyboards. Nzxt hue light strips and so on.

Noted on your cpu g4560. It's a kabylake cpu. Just get the kabylake series of boards that has aura sync headers should do. But it is uncommon to see a pentium paired with a rog. Also take note of the rgb tax.

gerker2009

Reaction score
Currently my build is:

MOBO: ASUS Strix B350F Gaming
CPU: G4560
AIO: ID Cooling 240
Ram: Corsair 2x4GB 2666MHz
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650W
Case: Tecware Vision
GPU: Zotac GT 1030
SDD: Samsung EVO 250GB
HDD: WD 1TB

Ok noted... is rog meant for amd processor??? I am abit blur... i have alrdy bought g4560 and asus strix b350f gamkng which has rgb slot... but may want to get i8 or ryzen 5... waiting for stock for gpu den i upgrade my cpu & ram... da gpu i saw also stated rog, means its for amd processor??? Sorry abit blur wif rog thingy

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rog is just a product line from asus appealing mostly to gamers and overclockers. It stands for Republic of Gamers anyway.

As such, the motherboard selection features both amd and intel chipsets respectively. Same goes for graphics card. Both nvidia and amd gpus are there.

Just curious. Are you using the b350f with an intel cpu?

Last edited:

gerker2009

Reaction score
Hi yes for now im using an intel cpu... dun think cn support amd cuz manual only states intel... unless i get da other rog version den cn support amd i suppose

Rog is just a product line from asus appealing mostly to gamers and overclockers. It stands for Republic of Gamers anyway.

As such, the motherboard selection features both amd and intel chipsets respectively. Same goes for graphics card. Both nvidia and amd gpus are there.

Just curious. Are you using the b350f with an intel cpu?

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi yes for now im using an intel cpu... dun think cn support amd cuz manual only states intel... unless i get da other rog version den cn support amd i suppose

Yes. Please don't insert amd ryzen to chipsets meant for intel CPUs. As a general guide, the z270 is meant for kabylake/skylake. The z370 is for coffee lake. The x399 is for hedt kabylake/skylake. The x370/b350 is for am4. The x499 is for tr4.

gerker2009

Reaction score
Kk noted... thanks for the info... i shall wait for the review on ryzen 2 before deciding either to keep my setup or upgrade to better cpu or using ryzen

Yes. Please don't insert amd ryzen to chipsets meant for intel CPUs. As a general guide, the z270 is meant for kabylake/skylake. The z370 is for coffee lake. The x399 is for hedt kabylake/skylake. The x370/b350 is for am4. The x499 is for tr4.

gerker2009

Reaction score
Btw wanna ask what is rbg tax???

muddle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw wanna ask what is rbg tax???

Price difference between a non-rgb or non-lit items to one with rgb lighting. Can be significant in some cases. Even though they are technically the same.

Eg razer nommo vs nommo chroma.

gerker2009

Reaction score
Ic... ok, i manage to find this items at lazada and want to know ur views on this price:-

1) ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ROF Strix HDMI 2.0 DP 1.4 Gaming Graphics Card @ $368 (not sure if its enough or should i go for higher gpu setup)

2) ASUS ROG Claymore Core Cherry MX Blue Switch Mechanical Gaming Keyboard @ $199.15

3) ASUS ROG Glagius II @ $199

Im not going to change my mobo & cpu just yet, waiting for new ryzen to come out den make my choices...

Price difference between a non-rgb or non-lit items to one with rgb lighting. Can be significant in some cases. Even though they are technically the same.

Eg razer nommo vs nommo chroma.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ic... ok, i manage to find this items at lazada and want to know ur views on this price:-

1) ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ROF Strix HDMI 2.0 DP 1.4 Gaming Graphics Card @ $368 (not sure if its enough or should i go for higher gpu setup)

2) ASUS ROG Claymore Core Cherry MX Blue Switch Mechanical Gaming Keyboard @ $199.15

Im not going to change my mobo & cpu just yet, waiting for new ryzen to come out den make my choices...

U mean ryzen 2 or apu ryzen?

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello gerker2009,

The ROG Gladius II with Aura Sync RGB is on sale as part of our CNY Promo @ $119 :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.