Average cost of custom water cooling loop

congrade07

Master Member
Reaction score
haha, royfrosty and shadow now also think 1 - 1.5k... thats the min for a decent wc setup.

Screw the Nzxt kraken setup... pointless, and still need cool vram....

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some more fell in love with the aquacomputer r9 290 blocks. Got hawaii coconut tree some more. :love:

cyberwave

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it has specific holes so dont need additional wb for northbridge southbridge... plus it just looks damn cool

formula vi is a failed product when it comes to it's cross chill block cos it's made of aluminum.

most wc components out in the market are made of brass/copper.

google galvanic corrosion.

P.S. yes asus says that the crosschill block is anodised... but all it takes is a little scratch :s16:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha, royfrosty and shadow now also think 1 - 1.5k... thats the min for a decent wc setup.

Screw the Nzxt kraken setup... pointless, and still need cool vram....

No choice, i press calculator whole, even without fittings, already can hit $1k le.. At most $9xx lowest.

But i bo choose EK,XPSC. Maybe only for EK x3 150ml res.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also wanna do full wc but the maintenance is a hassle. Need to check for leaks now and then. Haha. But I need upgrade to bigger case first. Likely 750D Or 760T. 900D too huge for me.

Roy and shadow going to do flexible tubing or hard tubing?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also wanna do full wc but the maintenance is a hassle. Need to check for leaks now and then. Haha. But I need upgrade to bigger case first. Likely 750D Or 760T. 900D too huge for me.

Roy and shadow going to do flexible tubing or hard tubing?

Flexible lor... congrade advice was that for rigid tubing, need hell a lot of angled fittings. And much more planning. At least for flexible, get a few angled will do.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Flexible lor... congrade advice was that for rigid tubing, need hell a lot of angled fittings. And much more planning. At least for flexible, get a few angled will do.
Gian. But must save money. Shall do another overhaul next year with new case and consider wc. Gonna retain rest of my stuff. Maybe time to xfire as well. Haha

cyberwave

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No choice, i press calculator whole, even without fittings, already can hit $1k le.. At most $9xx lowest.

But i bo choose EK,XPSC. Maybe only for EK x3 150ml res.

no ek and xspc stuff :eek:

so u chose all the elite stuff :s12:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no ek and xspc stuff :eek:

so u chose all the elite stuff :s12:

Get Aquacomputer directly from aquacomputer.de is cheaper than getting from frozencpu. Their shipping is like 34.90 eur for most of my items. My cpu and gpu block and gpu bridge will get from there.

The rest get from frozencpu or locally if it works out well. Mayb fittings frm bitspower directly if possible.

And also, i will apply for OCBC frank cc before i get my stuff. Can save $60.. lol..

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only EK stuffs that i thought was just the pump or res.

But i beow Bitspower res till gian that 400ml res.

Which EK pump u getting ah? I going for the alphacool with transparent pump top at $119.99.

Mythmaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Watercooling can be quite cheap, around $600-$700 for basic but ugly. The extra $500 goes into the fittings and tubings :)

congrade07

Master Member
Reaction score
Gaoxing, for custom wc there is not much maintenance. Once the 24hr leak test is done it is good to go and at most drain and flush the system once a year. Draining takes less than 5min if u plan out ur draining nicely.

Filling up the coolant is done once in a while as air still traps in your loop. As time goes by, the air will escape thats why the water level of your reservoir will goes down as well.

In short, custom wc is way to go for performance and low noise build.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.