computer not functioning properly (help)

jjjccc

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a desktop and using windows 7 or 8.

My computer can start up and go to windows login but very not responsive. After login into any account, it will jam there for a while, mouse can move around but lagging and will jam from period to period and whatever program you click won't respond.

If it goes into safe mode then it is working normal. I can hear that the hardisk is giving the ti ti sound. I cannot find my windows 7 or 8 CD and box so unable to reinstall or repair. The computer also unable to function normally.

May I know what is the problem? Any help.

Thank you.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, can u list your pc parts?

as for the sound and lagging, seems like possible of your hdd failure.
suggest u download hdtune to check for errors. (do a full scan pls)

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hard disk dying.

(1) Get a new hard disk and back up your data ASAP.
(2) Buy a SSD and do a fresh install of Windows on the SSD. You can check the internet for a Win 7 or 8 ISO, burn that to a DVD and use it to install Windows. Make sure you have the product key handy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.