desktop controller?

El Metronome

Reaction score
i am looking for this device that i would call a desktop controller knob. i want it to sit on my desktop (the physical one, not like the windows desktop;)), with on the fly controls of volume up/down, mic volume/mute, at least. additional features like programmable buttons would be nice.

it would probably need to be hooked up to a usb port on the mobo or the 3.5mm jacks on the mobo/sound card? anyone using such a device or know of a good one, can recommend?

widman01

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buy multi media keyboard??

thumb-7231-Logitech_Multimedia.jpg

microsoft-wireless-multimedia-keyboard-1-1-hov-800.jpg

Last edited:

puiehz

Reaction score
bro check out k70 corsair, been using it for movies and itunes, media keys i think is the word for u to find

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I used to this 3Dconnexion 3DX-700028 SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse
to control volume

3dx-700028-394669116.jpg

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score
Do u mean using this to assign a keyboard sequence to do something, say increasing the volume?

Yes. I use this to do a lot of things.
monitor off=ctr/alt/up
switch to screen saver=ctr/alt/down
switch between audio source=ctr/alt/1,2,3,4
auto speak text=ctr/alt/0

you google and try. it's easy to setup

Added:
All command lines here :)
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

Last edited:

dreadknight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if TS never say programmable buttons and if he was doing recordings... i would have said a USB mixer

but since he did multimedia KB or gaming KB....

or you can set up Peachtea's suggestion which is free :D just need to adapt to using it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.