desktop keeps having problems booting up

yeeehaaa

Reaction score
hello guys,

so my desktop keeps having problems booting up, when i on the pc it will have few scenarios:

1) the pc sounds like it boots up but after 3-4 seconds it's off again and after another 3-4 seconds it reboots again then goes off after 3-4 seconds again and this keeps repeat itself on a loop. (nothing shows up on the monitor)

2) the pc sounds like it did boot up with a beep sound but nothing shows up on the monitor at all (pc sound is still running). so i have to manually press the on/off button to off it and try again

3) the pc boots and monitor did shows the booting process but after few seconds monitor goes blank again. (pc sound is still running)

4) the pc boots in a very loud noise and nothing shows up on monitor as usual, and when i press the on/off button it shuts off immediately instead of the usual need of press and holding the on/off button for 3-4 seconds before it shuts down.

so every time after a few tries like 5 tries on average? then it will manage to boot up and i can use the desktop, may i know what could be the issue here? i'm sorry i'm really a computer idiot and i dont know about my components specs except that i'm using windows 7.

Sorry for the long post and thank u for reading and thanks for any help or advice given! :o

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, list down all parts of your rig like those on the right -->

yeeehaaa

Reaction score
sorry i'm really a computer idiot, i lost the receipt for this desktop which i bought a few years ago that has the parts stated. so i dont know the parts of my desktop at all :/

yeeehaaa

Reaction score
have downloaded the SPECCY app and these are the specs as listed:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20GHz 48 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
MSI B75MA-P45 (MS-7798) (SOCKET 0) 80 °C

Graphics
S23B350 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 41 °C

Storage
238GB M4-CT256M4SSD1 ATA Device (SSD)
465GB Hitachi HDS721050CLA660 ATA Device (SATA) 38 °C

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS90 ATA Device

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have a spare PSU, swap to try out. If not, Nigel is your next option.

lalalalalala

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
boot with 1 ram stick, suspect is 1 of the modules giving the error.

if not it means time to change com

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.