• 1 Post By dgenex
  • 1 Post By VoltechSG
  • 1 Post By mypillowtalks
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2017, 01:42 AM   #1

Question Diy Pc problem

I just bought a diy pc system a month ago. Im having problems playing mass effect andromeda where my system shuts down when I am at the title screen. I read somewhere it could be due to a low quality psu. Im using this system. Is there anywhere I can upload a dxdiag if anyone can help? Sorry for the trouble as its my first time with a diy pc.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1400
Mobo: Asrock AB350M
Ram: 8gb DDR4
Gpu: Nvidia 1060 3gb
Psu: Headway 500w
1tb toshiba hdd
120gb ssd

If the problem is the psu, is there any recommended ones? A friend recommended either Corsair TX650M or a Seasonic X-650W.

P.S I've had no problems with other games like GTA V or Xcom 2, it only occurs on mass effect andromeda
ithorlick likes this.

Last edited by jonesi; 20-05-2017 at 01:50 AM..
jonesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 01:57 AM   #2

Never heard of that brand PSU. Even if it is not the problem, I suggest you change to a reputable PSU if not later all the other components get fried if you suay

FSP Hexa 450W 80+($59)
EVGA B-Series 450W Bronze ($79)
Corsair TX550W Gold ($143)
EVGA G3 550W Gold ($159)

Above are some PSU you can take a look at. Prices quoted from PCThemes Pricelist, do check around to see where you can get it for cheaper

450W/550W is more than enough for your current rig. Unless you planning to upgrade to high-end GPU or SLI or going to overclock, 650W abit overkill.
jonesi likes this.

Last edited by dgenex; 20-05-2017 at 02:01 AM..
Processor
Intel Core i5-7500
Mainboard
Asrock B250M Pro 4
Graphics Card
ASUS Dual Geforce GTX1060 3GB
Memory
Corsair Vengeance White LED 16GB(2x8GB) 2400MHz
Display
Dell S2316H
Storage
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Western Digital Black 1TB
Casing
Tecware Alpha (White)
PSU
Superflower Leadex Silver 90+ 550W
OS
Windows 10 Pro

dgenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 08:47 AM   #3

I just bought a diy pc system a month ago. Im having problems playing mass effect andromeda where my system shuts down when I am at the title screen. I read somewhere it could be due to a low quality psu. Im using this system. Is there anywhere I can upload a dxdiag if anyone can help? Sorry for the trouble as its my first time with a diy pc.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1400
Mobo: Asrock AB350M
Ram: 8gb DDR4
Gpu: Nvidia 1060 3gb
Psu: Headway 500w
1tb toshiba hdd
120gb ssd

If the problem is the psu, is there any recommended ones? A friend recommended either Corsair TX650M or a Seasonic X-650W.

P.S I've had no problems with other games like GTA V or Xcom 2, it only occurs on mass effect andromeda
I too agree, change your power supply immediately. You do not want to bring down your entire system, and change everything. Never ever save cost on power supply. Seasonic, get the G series or if budget, get the M12ii. X series usually tend to have QC problem. I encountered many pcs.
jonesi likes this.
VoltechSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 12:19 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Have you tried to check the temperature of your system using realtemp or similar utilities?

I have heard of headway, i used to sell their affordable casings that comes with these headway powersupply already mounted inside.

Usually i use the affordable casings for office or non extreme gaming pcs. Generally the psus are okay but may not have enough juice for your set up

Yes you may want to borrow other powersupply from your friend to test out before buying.

Are you using their casing as well? Ventilation of the casing ok?

Sent from The Magical Land Of Talking Pillows, Bolsters & Blankets; Far, Far Away Deep In Another Galaxy using GAGT
jonesi likes this.

Last edited by mypillowtalks; 22-05-2017 at 12:22 PM..
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ
Mainboard
MSI GE16
Graphics Card
Nvidia GeForce GT 750M / 2GB GDDR5
Memory
16GB (2 x 8GB) Corsair Vegenence® DDRIII
Display
15.6" FHD, 1920 x 1080 (Non-Glare) LCD
Storage
2.5" Western Digital 750GB 7200RPM
Optical Storage
Generic DVD Drive
Casing
Previously: CoolerMaster Sniper Storm
PSU
Previously: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
Audio
dbx® DriveRack® 260; iNuke 3000/6000; 4 JBL SRX715; 2 Kemp. GT12A; 8 Wharf. Pro Delta 18B; PA Rental
OS
Windows 8.1

mypillowtalks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 12:46 AM   #5

Have you tried to check the temperature of your system using realtemp or similar utilities?

I have heard of headway, i used to sell their affordable casings that comes with these headway powersupply already mounted inside.

Usually i use the affordable casings for office or non extreme gaming pcs. Generally the psus are okay but may not have enough juice for your set up

Yes you may want to borrow other powersupply from your friend to test out before buying.

Are you using their casing as well? Ventilation of the casing ok?

Sent from The Magical Land Of Talking Pillows, Bolsters & Blankets; Far, Far Away Deep In Another Galaxy using GAGT
case is tecware f3. here's a pic..bottom left there, ventilation seems ok to me
http://imgur.com/a/nZmjC

Last edited by jonesi; 24-05-2017 at 01:13 AM..
jonesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.