Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

redline15

Reaction score
jimmy_sg said:
Jus cme back from a trip to simlim, Bell and Fuwell has stopped selling most 7XXX Series Card.......
There gone my Asus 7900GS Top...... How? Dun think there any Nvidia 8Series card can match its performance.... Any recommendations from Nvidia that can match 7900GS Top???.....
I'll probably go for Xpertvision 1950Pro 512M. It's probably the best value for money and can beat the 8600 series.

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
redline15 said:
I'll probably go for Xpertvision 1950Pro 512M. It's probably the best value for money and can beat the 8600 series.
Yes, except the X1950pro is also going to be short-lived. New ATI DirectX 10 cards are coming out from May to Jun 07 period. The entire GeForce 7 and ATI X1x00 series are phasing out very soon.

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
prices updated for this sat. No much difference. Come next month, another round of release of new graphics cards. This time from ATI.

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tenyawph said:
Several updates.

Viewsonic LCD monitors price drops.

Can expect the price of 8800GTX to drop a lot? Because 2900XT is going to retail at US$449, which is rougly S$720, and is running faster for most applications than 8800GTX, so 8800GTX can only be priced at, maybe S$650??? And this will cause the 8800GTS 640MB to adjust to below S$600????
Chunbo? :D

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jimmy_sg said:
Jus cme back from a trip to simlim, Bell and Fuwell has stopped selling most 7XXX Series Card.......
There gone my Asus 7900GS Top...... How? Dun think there any Nvidia 8Series card can match its performance.... Any recommendations from Nvidia that can match 7900GS Top???.....

Just got my XV 7900gs non-sonic from Bell Systems this afternoon, 1 of 2 boxes left in the store.

Don't know if they will replenish though...

maxhurt

Reaction score
looks like ATI will have to release something of greater caliber than 8800GTX..it really is lagging behind that performance segment.

jimmy_sg

Reaction score
xonix said:
Just got my XV 7900gs non-sonic from Bell Systems this afternoon, 1 of 2 boxes left in the store.

Don't know if they will replenish though...
thks for the info!!! will chiong there tml asap.... hope to get the last one........

bloodyshirox

Reaction score
I'm a noob

hi guys. i'm not very good with ITs... So require some great advices from u guys.
I'm using a PC that has been with me for a year. It's actually an Acer dual core with PCIE slot.
And the stock graphic card is ATI x300. (it's so outdated!!!) haha

I'm thinking of upgrading to a better card and after reading i saw this Asus Geforce 8800GTS 320mb version
Checked with ACER and they say my system can support it.

Question is, is it really a good choice? my budget is around $500

Thanks alot guys!

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
bloodyshirox said:
hi guys. i'm not very good with ITs... So require some great advices from u guys.
I'm using a PC that has been with me for a year. It's actually an Acer dual core with PCIE slot.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a better card and after reading i saw this Asus Geforce 8800GTS 320mb version

Thanks alot guys!
Yes, AUS 8800GTS is a good choice. Reliable card, and comes with 3-years warranty.

onestoptakeaway

Reaction score
bloodyshirox said:

Thanks alot guys!

Although Acer guys said your system "support" 8800GTS but my opinion is that you checkout whether the OEM power supply unit (PSU) meets the min requirement in terms of Watts and +12v before doing the upgrade. To what I know Branded PC seldom gives quality PSU and when it blows, it might bring your motherboard along as well.... :o

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
my gfx card connectors got busted, causing my monitor to turn darker. :( now i need to buy a new card to replace my 7600 gs. any recommendations to replace my current card. budget around 200-300

bloodyshirox

Reaction score
just checked... my acer's PSU output is not even enough for 7 series.... blu.....
PSU comes in standard sizes right? Can i replace a 450w PSU to my acer's 280w?

onestoptakeaway

Reaction score
bloodyshirox said:
just checked... my acer's PSU output is not even enough for 7 series.... blu.....
PSU comes in standard sizes right? Can i replace a 450w PSU to my acer's 280w?
1st check is your Motherboard using the standard 24pins/20pins and 4pins connection because that is the main issue as I ever come accross some branded PC using different connectors which are not the common type.

For today's high powered graphic card aspect, 450W is already the min requirement and bear in mind that the PSU must also meet at least 30A for +12v rail. My suggestion is to get at least 550W or 600W (diff brand has diff range) and min 2 +12v rail so that your future 8800GTS will have a +12v by itself and of course at least 30A or more the merrier.... :D

dreamz13

Master Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Antec 480W True Power. Is this good enough for the 8600GT?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.