Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

nippp0n

Master Member
Reaction score
Trying to keep cost below 150 if possible. PSU capacity is 600W.

If for surfing net and watching video only, get sapphire 6450 flex @ $87 from Bizgram. Comes with 2x DVI output and 1x HDMI. Fits your budget and specs requirement.

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried getting gigabyte 760GTX from SLS? Able to find the RRP of S$409?

Stong69

Reaction score
What is your budget and purpose of the rig? If gaming, what games do you play?

Thanks.budget at $300-$500. Haha actually it's for my son ,he play Fps a lot and also this new game from china I think it's call swordsman OL...

Dantzeil

Reaction score
Hi guys just wanted to check if powercolor 7870 myst is compatible with my msi 770-g45 mobo and my andyson f500m psu can anyone advise?

nippp0n

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks.budget at $300-$500. Haha actually it's for my son ,he play Fps a lot and also this new game from china I think it's call swordsman OL...

Gigabyte GTX 650Ti boost at $250, available at Tradepac or Best Buy. I'm not sure about the quality of OEM PSU. So I would suggest to go with mid level gpu will do as I'm afriaid your 460W OEM psu does not have enough juice to power high end cards such as 7970 or GTX 760.

nippp0n

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just wanted to check if powercolor 7870 myst is compatible with my msi 770-g45 mobo and my andyson f500m psu can anyone advise?

As long as the motherboard has pci-e slot and your psu has 2x6pin connectors, it will be compatible.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nipp0n, can i ask if it is possible to mount a PCI-e into a PCI-e x14 slot? For the ASrock H87M Pro4, there are 2 PCI-e x16, x14 and 2 PCI slots. Im thinking of getting the ASUS Xonar DX which uses PCI-e. So, is that possible?

Stong69

Reaction score
Gigabyte GTX 650Ti boost at $250, available at Tradepac or Best Buy. I'm not sure about the quality of OEM PSU. So I would suggest to go with mid level gpu will do as I'm afriaid your 460W OEM psu does not have enough juice to power high end cards such as 7970 or GTX 760.

Ok thanks I think my son will be happy with that.Cheer.....

nippp0n

Master Member
Reaction score
nipp0n, can i ask if it is possible to mount a PCI-e into a PCI-e x14 slot? For the ASrock H87M Pro4, there are 2 PCI-e x16, x14 and 2 PCI slots. Im thinking of getting the ASUS Xonar DX which uses PCI-e. So, is that possible?

Should be possible. Only scare your gpu takes up a lot of slots then might left very little space. Lol..

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should be possible. Only scare your gpu takes up a lot of slots then might left very little space. Lol..

the pci-e v3 x16 and pci-e v2 are far apart.. in between got 2 pci slot.. so im guessing it should work.

lh_nerd

Reaction score
Hi guys I plan to buy a 2560x1440 crossover monitor? What gpu would be enough juice for such resolution? I'm looking at gigabyte Gtx 760 or powercolor 7970.

lh_nerd

Reaction score
Hi Bro BF 3, crysis 3, company of heroes, assassin creed and call of duty.

My budget is about 1800 planning to Oc.

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
Need help in choosing of graphics card

Hi,

Since I have only been using on-board graphics since the sandy-bridge days, I have not catch up with the current discrete graphics card market. My last graphics card is a Nvidia MSI 8800GT single slot card.

I need a graphics card good enough to run system virtualization with capability of output to TV via HDMI (graphics and sound for video playback) and DVI to monitor separately simultaneously. Of course it also has to be better than the most current IGP (HD4600) if I upgrade the chipset and CPU to Haswell later. Although I do not game, I will still hope that the card can provide some good quality gaming at low or medium settings if possible.

As my motherboard IGP and most likely future motherboard can only support 1 X HDMI, therefore I need to buy a graphics card to do it.

My budget is about $200-250 only as gaming is not my priority. Please recommend 2nd-hand graphics cards (which model will be good) too if you have in mind, I am ok with it too :)

Thank you very much.:)

RightClick24

Reaction score
Help on gpu

Hello guys,

Currently using his 5850 but now having some fan squeaking noise

Any recommendations card budget 200 to 300

Playing cabalsea seem like eat a lot gpu when I play this game

Looking at nvdia gpu

Thanks alot

gohtingqi1997

Reaction score
Guys I plan to make a comp at eoy , my budget would be lower than 3 k and does not have to include a monitor or peripherals. I would prefer nvidia over amd and would prefer 8gb of ram. Other than that, I don't know much so any help would be awesome, thanks!

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys I plan to make a comp at eoy , my budget would be lower than 3 k and does not have to include a monitor or peripherals. I would prefer nvidia over amd and would prefer 8gb of ram. Other than that, I don't know much so any help would be awesome, thanks!

dont need to post in multiple threads unless noone is responding to u in the other threads...anw imho 3k is a lot of budget to spend...nowadays a good high end computer shouldnt cost more than 2k (excl monitor)

can consider gtx 760 + i7 haswell/ivy bridge + 256gb SSD

sdhdaniel

Reaction score
dont need to post in multiple threads unless noone is responding to u in the other threads...anw imho 3k is a lot of budget to spend...nowadays a good high end computer shouldnt cost more than 2k (excl monitor)

can consider gtx 760 + i7 haswell/ivy bridge + 256gb SSD

Actually that depends if you bother about aesthetics. I rather spend 2k on pc and save the rest to get ps4

wuweiz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I plan to buy a 2560x1440 crossover monitor? What gpu would be enough juice for such resolution? I'm looking at gigabyte Gtx 760 or powercolor 7970.

Hi Bro BF 3, crysis 3, company of heroes, assassin creed and call of duty.

My budget is about 1800 planning to Oc.

$1800 just for graphics card or with PC+monitor?

Cry3 on 2560x1440 monitor... You need more juice than GTX 760.. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.