Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply. Ic, in this case i will look into the mentioned series.

UPS - I mean the power that i had. (620W) based on my current setup - it shouldn't have any problem right?

Ic, so bascially i can get radeon - RX 470 / 480 series? As previously i am using radeon as well.

Yes, i mean based on my current gpu - what's the cost currently. So at least i know my budget is right.

Thanks

yes 620W is more than enough, but if over 5 years or longer can consider upgrade pc if u want,

yes you can but make sure u remove the old drive den install it, well just for your info : RX 460 is some where equal to that old gpu, RX 470 and 480 is a few tier higher than that old gpu of urs.

cost wise im not sure, since i doubt that u can get it on local market. beside that if u are saying the previously iirc was around maybe 250~300? (of slightly above 300?)

sparksue

Reaction score
yes 620W is more than enough, but if over 5 years or longer can consider upgrade pc if u want,

yes you can but make sure u remove the old drive den install it, well just for your info : RX 460 is some where equal to that old gpu, RX 470 and 480 is a few tier higher than that old gpu of urs.

cost wise im not sure, since i doubt that u can get it on local market. beside that if u are saying the previously iirc was around maybe 250~300? (of slightly above 300?)

Ic, thanks for the advice. I might try looking at yhe gpu through lazada since they do have some gpu that has discount.

You mentioned that nvidia r more toward OC. Since i don't really OC, i should just get radeon instead. Am i right to say that?

Ic, in this case i should be looking at 470 / 480 series n hopefully it fit within my budget.

At the moment, i dont really keen to do any upgrade as my current cpu seem to be working fine - its the gpu that disappoint me. :( so i intend to get $200-250 to get past another 2-3 yrs before i intend to change a new cpu.

Will look through the webby / lazada n get the right one for my cpu.

Thanks again for the help.

sparksue

Reaction score
@ZrE0_Cha0s

I was looking at the lazada and notice that this RX 470 from XFX.

http://www.lazada.sg/xfx-radeon-rx-470-4gb-gddr5-true-oc-1226mhz-8400130.html

It's fit within my budget (Slighty higher) - however as the brand is relatively unknown, the price with other 470 cards are cheaper by $50 price range.

This shouldn't be any problem / alert right? Or should I go for well-known brand (In this case I might have to go for 460 / 1050 ti range)

Appreciate your help and anyone can advice. Cheers.

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@ZrE0_Cha0s

I was looking at the lazada and notice that this RX 470 from XFX.

http://www.lazada.sg/xfx-radeon-rx-470-4gb-gddr5-true-oc-1226mhz-8400130.html

It's fit within my budget (Slighty higher) - however as the brand is relatively unknown, the price with other 470 cards are cheaper by $50 price range.

This shouldn't be any problem / alert right? Or should I go for well-known brand (In this case I might have to go for 460 / 1050 ti range)

Appreciate your help and anyone can advice. Cheers.

what's your budget? u know u can get the gtx 1060 for 240 now right?

sparksue

Reaction score
what's your budget? u know u can get the gtx 1060 for 240 now right?

wow, where can I get from?
I didn't know the pricing as my gpu die recently.

My budget 200~250 - not more than $300.

I am using Radeon (My Spec rig - HIS Radeon HD7850 (2GB GDDR5), so not sure whether will it affect my overall card unless it doesn't really matter on this.

Able to plus me any links on the gtx 1060? It shouldn't be any problem on 3d rendering right?

Thanks for the info, didn't know abt it.

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow, where can I get from?
I didn't know the pricing as my gpu die recently.

My budget 200~250 - not more than $300.

I am using Radeon (My Spec rig - HIS Radeon HD7850 (2GB GDDR5), so not sure whether will it affect my overall card unless it doesn't really matter on this.

Able to plus me any links on the gtx 1060? It shouldn't be any problem on 3d rendering right?

Thanks for the info, didn't know abt it.

no problems at all.

zotac gtx 1060 3gb mini @ 244 (after applying qoo10 $50 coupon and 2% shop discount) http://list.qoo10.sg/item/ZOTAC-ZOTAC-GTX1060-AMP-6GB-DDR5-ZOTAC-1060-3GB-DDR5-GRAPHIC-CARD/480895587

left last 2. u better hurry and buy.

sparksue

Reaction score

sparksue

Reaction score
Guys I need help.

Just got the deal from Qoo10 but it's seem that it's very funny.
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/ZOTAC-ZOT...R5-ZOTAC-1060-3GB-DDR5-GRAPHIC-CARD/480895587 (1060 3GB-DDR)

When I install the driver w/ the cd-rom, they couldn't read the hardware so i went to install the hardware into my mobo. When I install it and boot it up - my screen just turn black?? however the system still working as I could hear the window operating system sound.

What's going on with the graphic card? How does one install the graphic card normally?

Currently i am using my mobo built-in graphic it's back to normal when i remove the hardware from my mobo. Any ideas what's happening? :s11::s11: :( Waste my night time to solve this issue.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys I need help.

Just got the deal from Qoo10 but it's seem that it's very funny.
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/ZOTAC-ZOT...R5-ZOTAC-1060-3GB-DDR5-GRAPHIC-CARD/480895587 (1060 3GB-DDR)

When I install the driver w/ the cd-rom, they couldn't read the hardware so i went to install the hardware into my mobo. When I install it and boot it up - my screen just turn black?? however the system still working as I could hear the window operating system sound.

What's going on with the graphic card? How does one install the graphic card normally?

Currently i am using my mobo built-in graphic it's back to normal when i remove the hardware from my mobo. Any ideas what's happening? :s11::s11: :( Waste my night time to solve this issue.

well 1st things 1st:

Download DDU from this website : http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

extract the file to desktop, run and let it reboot to safe mode. and from the safe mode check which driver is install and remove everything in your pc and shutdown.

2nd :

plug out and in again for your gpu.
boot your pc, press del or f2 (whichever is the the bios button) and go to your graphic option and select PCI-E/PCE as your boot video.
save and exit and let it run to windows desktop.

3rd : make sure u download the latest driver and install.

tata~!!! :s12:

sparksue

Reaction score
well 1st things 1st:

Download DDU from this website : http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

extract the file to desktop, run and let it reboot to safe mode. and from the safe mode check which driver is install and remove everything in your pc and shutdown.

2nd :

boot your pc, press del or f2 (whichever is the the bios button) and go to your graphic option and select PCI-E/PCE as your boot video.

Thanks on the help but i couldn't start my window as i got virus..damn it. Really damn it. I cant start my window normally n only able to run in safe mode.

Any idea how to reformat C Drive? I long time nv reformat it..sorry abt this. But anyone able to help me on this? Using window 7 pro edition but i only buy the cd key..dont have the cd to reboot. FML. Sian half.

sparksue

Reaction score
Hi,

don't know what is happening to my pc but it seem work normally..
Anyway may i know should I uninstall the intel graphic as well?

I was thinking of leaving it as alternative incase my graphic card doesn't work. Or should I uninstall it? If yes, how do I install it again?

Same method - asus mobo cd will do?

Giving me headache..straight 3 days sleep late..:s22:

well 1st things 1st:

2nd :

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks on the help but i couldn't start my window as i got virus..damn it. Really damn it. I cant start my window normally n only able to run in safe mode.

Any idea how to reformat C Drive? I long time nv reformat it..sorry abt this. But anyone able to help me on this? Using window 7 pro edition but i only buy the cd key..dont have the cd to reboot. FML. Sian half.

wow Sian to the max.

are u able to run your antivirus software in safe mode?

and next if really cant remove, at least backup some impt data b4 u do a full format.

just download win10.iso from windows official website and den burn it into a 8GB thmubdrive and boot from your thumbdrive, but do remember to set your thumbdrive as boot drive.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

don't know what is happening to my pc but it seem work normally..
Anyway may i know should I uninstall the intel graphic as well?

I was thinking of leaving it as alternative incase my graphic card doesn't work. Or should I uninstall it? If yes, how do I install it again?

Same method - asus mobo cd will do?

Giving me headache..straight 3 days sleep late..:s22:

nah uninstall intel graphic doesn't affect your system.

i would say just leave it (that's what i did,)

yes download from your asus mobo website.

sparksue

Reaction score
wow Sian to the max.

are u able to run your antivirus software in safe mode?

and next if really cant remove, at least backup some impt data b4 u do a full format.

just download win10.iso from windows official website and den burn it into a 8GB thmubdrive and boot from your thumbdrive, but do remember to set your thumbdrive as boot drive.

Thanks for the reply. K i will try it out first. Thought it's getting ok but my system doesn't seem to do now. Will try later tonight or tml for thr boot drive. Just the .iso format will do? I manage to download win 7 pro.iso, no need to virtual drive and copy it? Just burn via .iso format to thumbdrive will do?
Thanks again for the help.

K, in this case i will keep the intel n clear the rest. Once done i will input the new graphic card again. Hopefully this time round it work. I will connect my monitor to the new graphic card n proceed from there right? (Last time round - what i did is plug in new hardware without any power plug into it n install fromtl there)

JulyStork

Reaction score
My specs are:

i5 3450
Gigabyte H77-D3H-MVP mobo
Superflower Golden Green HX600 80+ Gold psu
16GB DDR3 Ram
Win7 Home Premium SP1
Fans: 1 Deepcool Gammaxx 300, 1 120mm Yate Loon

I'm looking to replace my failing R9-280x, what compatibility issues should I look out for?
(especially if my psu has enough wattage for it)

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My specs are:

i5 3450
Gigabyte H77-D3H-MVP mobo
Superflower Golden Green HX600 80+ Gold psu
16GB DDR3 Ram
Win7 Home Premium SP1
Fans: 1 Deepcool Gammaxx 300, 1 120mm Yate Loon

I'm looking to replace my failing R9-280x, what compatibility issues should I look out for?
(especially if my psu has enough wattage for it)

can consider getting GTX 1060 or RX 480. as these 2 are a few tier higher.

next there isn't any compatibility issues as well.

tinkerbot

Reaction score
i'm using a Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 for 1 year now, how much can i sell for and what's the next better graphics i can buy below $500? Thanks..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.