Gtx 970 armor vs gaming edition from lazada

Hidetoshi

Reaction score
bought the gtx 970 msi 4gd5t edition from lazada during lazada100 sale... Today just got all my other parts... But no matter how much i think about it, i keep feeling that gtx970 4g gaming version is worth the premium of $80 and no matter what i do, i cannot shake off the feeling that the armor edition i got is inferior... Ang moh reviews some ppl also say...

Any bros can discuss with me why i should keep the armor and save $80 and not just get the gaming edition for my gaming PC? Thinking if should return to lazada and buy the gtx970 gaming instead before starting to build

Hidetoshi

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that US alot of ppl say twin frozr and slightly better clocking speeds of the gaming edition is worth the premium... Any thoughts on that?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiya, since u bought le, just use it. Even if its better, how much difference is it? Can u tell the difference? its just placebo effect that you think more expensive = better.

PholkLorr

Reaction score
If both OC to the max I think the diff is at most 5 percent.

If u wanna feel good psychologically I suggest u take 589 bucks and buy 1 armor edition + 1 128gb ssd. Then u will feel good that u got way more performance and value for money than 970 gaming edition.

ondooy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought the gtx 970 msi 4gd5t edition from lazada during lazada100 sale... Today just got all my other parts... But no matter how much i think about it, i keep feeling that gtx970 4g gaming version is worth the premium of $80 and no matter what i do, i cannot shake off the feeling that the armor edition i got is inferior... Ang moh reviews some ppl also say...

Any bros can discuss with me why i should keep the armor and save $80 and not just get the gaming edition for my gaming PC? Thinking if should return to lazada and buy the gtx970 gaming instead before starting to build

let me summarize the difference for you in two words...
MARKETING BULLSH1T ..... :s13:

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
slightly higher clock speed cox msi oc it abit? hahas

At the end of the day, still a 970 rite? Its like trying to argue if a $5 plate of chicken rice frm a foodcourt is better than a $3 plate of chicken rice frm hawker centre. The gaming 970 is just there for aesthetics and premium branding of models to suck ur money dry. From the cheapest of Palit 970/ Leadtek 970 to the most expensive or Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970, all 970 cards can underclock to a certain threshold, and overclock to a certain threshold. The branding amongst 970 models only differentiates the success rate of underclocking/overclocking the card to the threshold thats all. The rest like better coooling (if u wan better temps then just watercool it) and better voltage (as if they matter much to the average gamer) r mainly marketing gimmick.

Hidetoshi

Reaction score
Ok thanks bros.. Greatly appreciate it...

Any recommendations for a guide to build pc? I building today...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.