hard disk qn..

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You should learn a lesson from this episode and do regular backup to eliminate a recurrence. HDD will definitely fail down the road.

ya. i tot can replace with my another 2.5" hdd but found that the one in my dell laptop looks smaller and my normal one cannot fit in. then i tot just put in the hdd and i on it. it was trying to "repair" so i just leave it "repair" for maybe half an hr. then it can log in now.

do u think is safe to use back this hdd? I also duno what diff this hdd has with normal one. how i link pic to my post?
must have place to load the pic first ar?

Louisloo

Reaction score
ya. i tot can replace with my another 2.5" hdd but found that the one in my dell laptop looks smaller and my normal one cannot fit in. then i tot just put in the hdd and i on it. it was trying to "repair" so i just leave it "repair" for maybe half an hr. then it can log in now.

do u think is safe to use back this hdd? I also duno what diff this hdd has with normal one. how i link pic to my post?
must have place to load the pic first ar?

If can log in now, you should be able to use back the Hdd.
Do a full check disk to repair the system files and clear out any bad sectors.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If can log in now, you should be able to use back the Hdd.
Do a full check disk to repair the system files and clear out any bad sectors.

Download and run cystaldisk info.. it will give the most accurate hdd condition

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.