Hello AMD RYZEN! 8 cores 16 threads is here.

googoogaga

Reaction score
Chill bro, I'm sure we can see more mITX motherboard in the coming months. I've decided my next build to be mITX and I'm highly interested in 6-8 cores for futureproofing so I'm keeping a close eye on the situation.

I think most manufacturers are focusing on ATX first as mITX is still a small part of the market.
You are right. Apparently, mitx motherboards are usually the last one out of the door due to manufacturing challenges in fitting all of the components into a compact form factor. Let's be patient. Biostar already has the cheap am4 itx motherboards specs down and it shoukd be on the way soon. If biostar can do it so will other board manufacturers. The comparable x99 platform do not have any cheap itx options at all even at this mature stage. Amd is being much better to its customers this way.

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chill bro, I'm sure we can see more mITX motherboard in the coming months. I've decided my next build to be mITX and I'm highly interested in 6-8 cores for futureproofing so I'm keeping a close eye on the situation.

I think most manufacturers are focusing on ATX first as mITX is still a small part of the market.

chill liao leh... else i sure !@##$$% back.... just irritated that ppl don read properly and shoot their mouth off :s13:

but compare to intel platform... even at launch, you will have a handful of ITX mobo... and i'm not referring to HEDT platform again... well... if u are interested in 6-8 cores ITX then i think its not feasible or practical on an ITX FF as there will be limited DIMM slot to populate more memory - which also explains why there is a lack of ITX mobo for HEDT (X99 e.g.)

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
arbuten, present Ryzen how many cores then? :s8:

76c933bc-6c04-468a-bcdd-0272a81ced4f.png

Don make urself look silly in here... :s8:

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
8 cores CPU usually goes with atx board for maximum pcie slots and ram slots then only satki.

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think ships today if you pre-ordered on Lazada. Physical shops... you can go over to try ;)

Oic thanks. Moi preorder from PCT.. so not sure about collection date.

Anyone else also preorder from pcthemes?

djdestiny

Reaction score
Oh which means i have to buy off the disti? Since i already purchased it last year.

Contact Tech Dynamic :D

It will vary on use case. TDP is not the full story. Stock 7700K vs. OC 6700K. It is an indication, not the best assessment for cooling solution required.

08-Comparison-Wattage.png

TDP is usually use case scenario not stress testing both FPU and integer unit as there are no real apps that whack both hard hard

How many m-ITX mobos are there for 8 core Intel desktop consumer chips? Almost 3 years since LGA2011v3 has been introduced, can count on one finger only.

Wonder who's the troll? lol

Don't bother with ITX la, mATX also can count with 1 hand. The ryzen boards are a whole new different ballgame and i'm not surprised ITX isn't available. ITX cannot be available when the chipset isn't ready yet. Yup. ITX boards will not use X370 they will use X300 for the enthusiast lineup.

chill liao leh... else i sure !@##$$% back.... just irritated that ppl don read properly and shoot their mouth off :s13:

but compare to intel platform... even at launch, you will have a handful of ITX mobo... and i'm not referring to HEDT platform again... well... if u are interested in 6-8 cores ITX then i think its not feasible or practical on an ITX FF as there will be limited DIMM slot to populate more memory - which also explains why there is a lack of ITX mobo for HEDT (X99 e.g.)

Abang, you don't get 6 cores on intel ITX boards either. :s13:

I know what you mean but that comparison doesn't make a lot of sense :s13:
Also, the chipset for itx will be X or B or A 300 which AFAIK isn't ready yet.
Sure, there is X370 ITX from biostar but ehh.. that's not AMD's guidelines on SFF.
You should get it for free. Ask the shop or email then directly. Noctua and cryorig are mailing am4 kits to their customers for free if you provide them with proof of purchase via email.
Phanteks also

I'm only interested in the benchmark vs i7 7700K single threaded. This is the Intel's flagship. Beat it then I'm totally convinced or I've to wait for a 4C version of ryzen for how long?? Maybe I'll go Intel most likely.
Well that's because the IPC of the cpu single thread is probably the most important factor in deciding what's running the fastest fps in today games even though talks of multi cores of improving the game experience and engine have not been very beneficial as seen in last few years. In simple term, the benefits of have many cores does not demonstrate a more powerful CPU. AMD is very smart by positioning herself with more cores as we know more cores is actually difficult to attain high frequency. I strongly believe if AMD makes a quad core high frequency (4ghz above) cpu, it will totally trash the 4.2Ghz 7700k but question is when will that happen? Ryzen is still lagging behind Intel in leaked benchmarks in just pure raw Ghz race. I'm quite sure Ryzen will not win that department. I'm not over optimistic about AMD but I see most people are. Let's find out more tonight.
Bro you stuck or living in 2005 is it

I was playing world of warships on my E5 2675 V3 and it was using all 32 threads

Talk about pure ghz race. what happened to pentium 4? :s13:

Think before you talk la.
All companies give guidelines fore reviewers. Mostly it's basically like "make sure to run this test or that test to highlight how good we are with this function" etc.

However, for this last second change, rumor has it it's a last-second BIOS update that improves the support for high bandwidth DDR4 and so should help.

BIOS is by board manufacturer end.
AMD confirmed DDR4-3400 works on dual channel single bank, dual channel dual bank is different story as BIOSes need to iron that out.
Don't believe me?
https://twitter.com/AMDRyzen/status/836285599636127744

Thats where you are worrying too much.

You keep talking about single threaded ipc performance. You are coming in from a fx series cpu which offers you way lower single threaded performance. Not because its multi cores, but the way how fx was designed back then. Which back then they did not really care much on single threaded applications.

The single threaded on ryzen can deliver as much as what intel has to offer. It should generally be the same as what intel has to offer.

You must understand that you cannot compare directly between a 8c 16t cpu with a 4c 8t cpu. The clocks are different on twice the core count.

Even a 6950x cant beat a mainstream cpu single threaded performance.

It has come to a point whereby single threaded performance is no longer a "worry" to say. Its already offering so much more till you cant see the difference on a naked eye.

Multi cores leverage applications including games are even moving on to that. Look at doom, rotr, aots, watchdog 2, gta V, witcher 3, bf1 and mankind divide all these games are the future. Leveraging multi cores in games. These games can leverage all my 6 cores at 60% of it most of the time.

If gaming is a concern then i think you should head towards multicores rather than the usual 4 cores.
I get cancer from his straw man arguments

Tonite loh..... wait wait awhile more nia...

tonite no nid slp

btw, is your rig ever done

Last edited:

googoogaga

Reaction score
I disagree. 16Gb dual channel is more than enough now. You don't need as many pcie lanes as a high end atx board offers if you don't plan on sli-ng on it. I am more than happy with one x16, 16gb dual channel ram, pcie ssd slot, 8 cores that can do rendering and all in a small beautiful case that can sit on top of my table. You might have seen the amd video showing the advantages of 8c/16t with respect to multitasking and office apps such as Excel etc.
Itx 8 cores is the way to go. Thanks to amd for making it affordable. Just because intel says you need so many pcie lanes and quad channel rams to use all 8c properly doesn't mean its true.

8 cores CPU usually goes with atx board for maximum pcie slots and ram slots then only satki.

WiZaRd!

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats where you are worrying too much.

You keep talking about single threaded ipc performance. You are coming in from a fx series cpu which offers you way lower single threaded performance. Not because its multi cores, but the way how fx was designed back then. Which back then they did not really care much on single threaded applications.

The single threaded on ryzen can deliver as much as what intel has to offer. It should generally be the same as what intel has to offer.

You must understand that you cannot compare directly between a 8c 16t cpu with a 4c 8t cpu. The clocks are different on twice the core count.

Even a 6950x cant beat a mainstream cpu single threaded performance.

It has come to a point whereby single threaded performance is no longer a "worry" to say. Its already offering so much more till you cant see the difference on a naked eye.

Multi cores leverage applications including games are even moving on to that. Look at doom, rotr, aots, watchdog 2, gta V, witcher 3, bf1 and mankind divide all these games are the future. Leveraging multi cores in games. These games can leverage all my 6 cores at 60% of it most of the time.

If gaming is a concern then i think you should head towards multicores rather than the usual 4 cores.

Thanks bro... I hope you're right but time is running out for me as my friend is pressing me to go together with him to get i7 7700k for discount bundles.. LOL :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.