HELP! Files disappearing from Hard Drive

hong93

Reaction score
Hi guys, im currently using an ADATA HV620 hard drive for almost a year.

i have quite abit of photos stored in the hard drive. Previously when i opened my hard drive, i noticed some of my files (so far i only noticed photos) are missing from my folders. Folders are still there but the photos inside are gone. And only some but not all folders are like that. Just a few days ago i just put some photos into my hard drive, and today when i access my hard drive, the photos in this folder were missing again. Between then till now, i did not use the hard drive at all and i wait till the files are fully transferred before i eject and remove the hard drive.

I really don't know is it because of the hard drive or my files. But my hard drive is still pretty new so i really don't know what to do.
Please help! i tried to search around but couldn't find anything to solve this. Alot of my photos are missing i really hope to retrieve them or at least find out what is wrong so i can fix it or at least stop putting files inside.

Thanks!!

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe u can try to use crystal disk info to find out if there is any issues with your HDD (both PC and ext HDD)

Louisloo

Reaction score
Your ssd is failing and bad sectors are getting more serious. Copy out wat you can saved. If data is important enough, seek professional help. Otherwise send your disk for RMA..

hong93

Reaction score
thanks guys! will try to save as much as i can. Just didnt think that it will fail since its only less than a year old. :/ sigh..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.