(Help)First ever build

Master Grey

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Advice on my first ever gaming build, will start with entry level before upgrading in near future.
this is what I intend to get

Intel G4560
Gtx 1050ti
B250 moBo
8gb ram(can't decide 1 stick or 2 4gb stick)
Evga 500b psu
1tb hdd
Chassis not decided yet:)
Games I'm playing: League, overwatch, titan fall 2

Should be alright on 1080p?

Thanks in advance to all Bro and sis

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Advice on my first ever gaming build, will start with entry level before upgrading in near future.

Intel G4560
Gtx 1050ti
B250 moBo
Evga 500b psu
1tb hdd

Titan fall 2? Overwatch? Using the above spec Hahaha.....FPS bro. You need at least gtx1060 6gb or rx480 8gb (for cheap freesync monitor) and i5 7500. Monitor above 100Mhz is a must or u will see tearing.

why buy low end stuff then upgrade, end up spend more? U think 2nd hand market very good now? :s22: look again bro

joshuaho

Reaction score
If u are ok with playing at medium settings, doesn't sound like there is an issue. However don't expect to be playing at ultra w 120fps. To help with costs u could go for the HEXA+ 450W, sufficient for your current setup already. MOBO u could aim for a matx (in case chassis u are getting a matx case) and chassis u could go for the techware/CM cases they are relatively cheaper in my opinion

Hi guys,

Intel G4560
Gtx 1050ti
B250 moBo
Evga 500b psu
1tb hdd

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In qoo10, there is a $50 off $300 cart coupon. You can choose and combine some items to save more. Like B250M mobo + ram or hdd or other items. Such savings can be used to buy better stuff like better gpu, etc.

Master Grey

Reaction score
That bad huh? My monitor only 60hz. Seems like need to spend a lot.:)

Titan fall 2? Overwatch? Using the above spec Hahaha.....FPS bro. You need at least gtx1060 6gb or rx480 8gb (for cheap freesync monitor) and i5 7500. Monitor above 100Mhz is a must or u will see tearing.

why buy low end stuff then upgrade, end up spend more? U think 2nd hand market very good now? :s22: look again bro

Reaction score
for ram go with 2 4gb stick.
https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Building-Budget-PC-Radeon-RX-460-Part-1

"I went with 8GB of Crucial Ballistix memory in a 2 x 4GB configuration due to the advice of one of the contributors from /r/buildapc. Many budget builders were offering, and have been for years, a single stick of RAM to save money and offer upgrade options down the road, under the assumption that gaming performance doesn’t see an impact from single channel integration. Recent benchmarks that focus not on average performance but on minimum frame rates and stutter show that is no longer the case. Getting a dual-channel memory kit removes these concerns."

Master Grey

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really not into graphics too much, that's why I went for this build. But would still like to have room for future upgrade. That's why I want a higher Walt psu.

If u are ok with playing at medium settings, doesn't sound like there is an issue. However don't expect to be playing at ultra w 120fps. To help with costs u could go for the HEXA+ 450W, sufficient for your current setup already. MOBO u could aim for a matx (in case chassis u are getting a matx case) and chassis u could go for the techware/CM cases they are relatively cheaper in my opinion

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really not into graphics too much, that's why I went for this build. But would still like to have room for future upgrade. That's why I want a higher Walt psu.

suggest you save up a bit more and get better parts for a gaming system.

Byfrost

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Intel G4560
Gtx 1050ti
B250 moBo
Evga 500b psu
1tb hdd

Your build seems fine, but I recommend you to change your processor to and i5. Reason being it's very rare for people to upgrade processor. RAM, yes. Graphics card, yes. But processor? Yes, possible but not very common.

A GTX1050Ti will be able to Run Overwatch at max settings at 1080p, 60fps.

For Titanfall 2, you will need to lower your settings abit.

For Leagues, Dota 2 all this, 1050Ti is overkill.

However, you may wish to upgrade to a GTX1060 3gb or 6gb version for more value for money and a better experience in Titanfall 2.

Master Grey

Reaction score
Worried that 3gb will not be enough for other AAA gamed in the future. After much discussion(pleading)with wife.
Gonna get the i5 7500 instead. :)

Master Grey

Reaction score
Wanna thank all the brothers/Sister here for helping so much. More or less settle for what I'm getting.
This is my build after considering all the advices I got from you guys.

Intel i5 7500
Asrock b250m pro 4
Asus dual gtx 1060 3 gb
2400hz 2x 8gb ram Vengeance LPX
EVGA 500B 500W power supply
Cosair spec 01 case
WD blue 1tb
240gb Ssd

Really appreciate the help for me to join pc master race.. cheers

Crooni

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no issues for that budget

ram 1 stick. dual channel only matters if cpu/gpu is slow enough that bandwidth bottlenecks it. i.e. using igpu on slow procesor

yes cpu isn't that good for cpu stuff, i.e. if you ever play 4x titles or ashes of singularity type. ppl recommend i5 cos it has 4 physical cores, sort of the minimum since some games wouldn't even run on 2. hence intel have to include ht on budget cpus now.

or you can wait for amd ryzen coming out end of this month/early march.

Master Grey

Reaction score
Oh no~ I'm wavering now after seeing this. Thanks for the heads up maybe think a bit more.

no issues for that budget

ram 1 stick. dual channel only matters if cpu/gpu is slow enough that bandwidth bottlenecks it. i.e. using igpu on slow procesor

yes cpu isn't that good for cpu stuff, i.e. if you ever play 4x titles or ashes of singularity type. ppl recommend i5 cos it has 4 physical cores, sort of the minimum since some games wouldn't even run on 2. hence intel have to include ht on budget cpus now.

or you can wait for amd ryzen coming out end of this month/early march.

EatSnakeWarrior

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Wanna thank all the brothers/Sister here for helping so much. More or less settle for what I'm getting.

Intel i5 7500
Asrock b250m pro 4
Asus dual gtx 1060 3 gb
Cosair spec 01 case
WD blue 1tb
240gb Ssd

If i were you:

Intel G4560 - 65USD Amazon -> Send to Ezbuy
MSI Pro Series Intel B250m - 65USD Amazon (Free Shipping)
Ram Kingston Technology HyperX FURY 2666MHz DDR4 66 USD (Free Shipping)
Superflower 550W Silver - $100 (SLS) FYI Superflower makes EVGA PSUs
Case is up to your personal preference ->$70
SSD (Used -> Carosell / New, Qoo10 or Amazon (up to you)
Zotac 1060 3GB -< Qoo10 @$258 (Videopro less $50 coupon)

Total dmg shld be about 650-7XX++

Last edited:

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Intel i5 7500
Asrock b250m pro 4
Asus dual gtx 1060 3 gb
Cosair spec 01 case
WD blue 1tb
240gb Ssd

This is a good gaming built

Sent from my Android using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.