Help needed for a $800-$900 PC

nexer8

Reaction score
Thinking of DIY a PC for light gaming. Don't need play at the highest details but hope can future proof for the next 4 years.

Can seek help from the experts here? I have monitor, keyboard and mouse. So just need the PC. Thanks!

nexer8

Reaction score
Please provide more detail like what games you play, what monitor you have, do you need wifi or not, pc on the floor or on the table, matx or itx?

Sent from PM me if you wanna build a DIY PC or wanna learn how to make one yourself :D using GAGT

Usually games like overwatch and Football manager.

Currently the monitor is dell 2717h. Don't need wifi as will be using Lan cable. PC will be placed on the floor. Sorry, what is the diff between matx and itx?

Went to google matx and itx. Think i would prefer matx.

Thanks!

Last edited:

dgenex

Reaction score
A GTX 1060 / 1070 rig should suit your usage, with the 1070 being more ready for future games. 1060 rig cost probably around 1.1k whereas 1070 rig cost about 1.5k.

Can get for cheaper if you budget ur other components and/or purchase parts from Lazada/Qoo10 with discounts

Do take note of the current shortage of GPUS. Might be out of stock or overpriced.

Cant help you now with the specifics but im sure the other bros here can give you builds to work with

Last edited:

nexer8

Reaction score
A GTX 1060 / 1070 rig should suit your usage, with the 1070 being more ready for future games. 1060 rig cost probably around 1.1k whereas 1070 rig cost about 1.5k.

Can get for cheaper if you budget ur other components and/or purchase parts from Lazada/Qoo10 with discounts

Do take note of the current shortage of GPUS. Might be out of stock or overpriced.

Cant help you now with the specifics but im sure the other bros here can give you builds to work with

Think GTX 1060/1070 is over my budget

dgenex

Reaction score
Think GTX 1060/1070 is over my budget

Bro then abit hard to future proof next 4 years haha. Even 1060 for some games need to down the graphic settings already.

If you just wanna play overwatch then GTX1050 can get 60 fps on ultra, check overwatch benchmarks on google or youtube and see what gpu can get the fps on the graphic settings u want

Last edited:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Right now, the good reason to buy is because of ryzen..
Bad reasons are the gpu and ram quite ex.. so for your budget future proof not possible.

Get a second hand rig if you really want now.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To get thing straight, your budget is impossible to future proof. Compromises have to be made. Also, the idea of future proof is very vague. A Core 2 Duo CPU is still capable of gaming and photo editing if you can tolerate the loading time that is. So, by meaning future proof, an i5 from 5 years ago is still perfectly fine running today's work as long the motherboard don't spoil.

The thing is, lasting or not, depends on your luck much more than the part specs.

If you can increase your budget by $100, should give you the following.
CASE: Tecware F3 $49
MOBO+CPU: Asus H110M-A M.2 + i5-7500 $399
RAM: Kingston Valueram DDR4 2133MHz 8GB $85
PSU: FSP Hexa+ 450W $59
SSD: PNY CS1311b 128GB $89
HDD: Toshiba 1TB $63
GPU: GTX 970 of any brand, as long still got warranty $250 via Carousell

TOTAL: $1005

Prices quoted from PC theme or otherwise stated.

Have room for upgrades like more ram, and better gpu.

Sent from PM me if you wanna build a DIY PC or wanna learn how to make one yourself :D using GAGT

joshuaho

Reaction score
Hmmm TS can also consider gtx 1060 3GB @ $250 (buy from qoo10 when got $50 coupon) if he is going to spend $250 on a 970 on carousell (most likely second hand)

Or even better if can squeeze in a 1060 6gb :s12:

To get thing straight, your budget is impossible to future proof. Compromises have to be made. Also, the idea of future proof is very vague. A Core 2 Duo CPU is still capable of gaming and photo editing if you can tolerate the loading time that is. So, by meaning future proof, an i5 from 5 years ago is still perfectly fine running today's work as long the motherboard don't spoil.

The thing is, lasting or not, depends on your luck much more than the part specs.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm TS can also consider gtx 1060 3GB @ $250 (buy from qoo10 when got $50 coupon) if he is going to spend $250 on a 970 on carousell (most likely second hand)

Or even better if can squeeze in a 1060 6gb :s12:
Those 'stock available' at qoo10 almost all is preorder due to shortage of stock from crypto mining mass buyer.

1060 6gb is out of his reach. Unless down the cpu to G4560.

joshuaho

Reaction score

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
no point spend 250 get 970.

SSD also can skip because ur budget so low.. it only affect your loading speed, you clearly need raw power, next time got money then add.

Focus on GPU and CPU, then talk about future proof.

Now is not the best time for pc building, RAM freaking expensive., GPU out of stock.

nexer8

Reaction score

Thanks bro! I managed to get the $1100 of fuzzie vouchers for Lazada. So now I have a Budget of $1,100 for the new pc but have to get the parts from Lazada.

Would it be better to get cpu AMD Ryzen? I read a few threads and saw AMD Ryzen seem to be more commonly recommended.

nexer8

Reaction score
no point spend 250 get 970.

SSD also can skip because ur budget so low.. it only affect your loading speed, you clearly need raw power, next time got money then add.

Focus on GPU and CPU, then talk about future proof.

Now is not the best time for pc building, RAM freaking expensive., GPU out of stock.

When will the price drop? I'm not really in a hurry...can wait for a couple for months if need to.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u can wait a couple of months means u dun even need this pc. save the money totally.
Got point though.

Thanks bro! I managed to get the $1100 of fuzzie vouchers for Lazada. So now I have a Budget of $1,100 for the new pc but have to get the parts from Lazada.

Would it be better to get cpu AMD Ryzen? I read a few threads and saw AMD Ryzen seem to be more commonly recommended.
Then refer to those previous threads I recommend before. Should have a roughly 1.1k budget Ryzen build if I recall correctly. You can try get from lazada but some stuff you want may not have. So you gotta give and take there.

nexer8

Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.