[SIC] Hoot Club! Post Your Technology/Hardware Related Purchases NOW! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Work in Progress towards VQ 2Gbps and 10GbE :D

Main rig has been overhauled ^^

Took a while to do up the cabling management but to say that the Corsair Graphite 780T is a breeze to work with.

Assembling in progress

Simple cabling management

Glowing red, i like

Automatic Windows 8.1 Pro pop over from previous setup lol will redo the Windows 10 setup with 4x SSD in RAID 0.

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Overclocking is just a button away and everything is running smoothly @ 4GHz, even the Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x4GB kit @ 2666MHz got no issues running @ 2800MHz ;) Fine-tune @ 4.5GHz @ 3000MHz later ^^

Next phase :p 2Gbps VQ trial, dual 1GbE teaming, 10GbE teaming and the ultimate quad teaming @ 22Gbps :D

Where is the XGPON? zzzz lol

Last edited:

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First tech hoot of the year...

Lazada CNY hoot is here...

xgZuJ62l.jpg

ckjoe234

Master Member
Reaction score
20150129_230555.jpg

My hoot for the past few days!
Pros: that audio bug in me killed...ears happy :D
Cons: wallet sad :s13:

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DXRacer $450, from Carousell.. but here MO forum $399 but with no warranty.. take ur pick LOL.... but it's a very good chair but if you bui bui you need to get the 'R' series.

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Reaction score
Intel Celeron Quad N2940 but is really is Atom Microarchitecture
Reason why this G4030 from Qoo10 is because other shops don't have this SKU. The normal G40 is Intel Core i3/5/7 which is not this price.
What I like about this laptop
Ultra long battery life because of Intel Atom
Fanless Design, Super Quiet because Intel Atom very little heat
Comes with Gigabit NIC at $369 is a steal
Sound system is not bad
Single Band Wireless N 150Mbps only
Got USB 3 as well
Whats the specs? Why from qoo10 sia?

Last edited:

Alternative X

Reaction score
Intel Celeron Quad N2940 but is really is Atom Microarchitecture
Reason why this G4030 from Qoo10 is because other shops don't have this SKU. The normal G40 is Intel Core i3/5/7 which is not this price.
What I like about this laptop
Ultra long battery life because of Intel Atom
Fanless Design, Super Quiet because Intel Atom very little heat
Comes with Gigabit NIC at $369 is a steal
Sound system is not bad
Single Band Wireless N 150Mbps only
Got USB 3 as well
Just wondering, is it even possible to find a low cost laptop/netbook using AMD's mobile APUs in Singapore? (ie. Bobcat, Jaguar, Puma?) Most laptops sold in Singapore seems to be using Intel CPUs.

Heard that AMD's mobile APUs are more powerful than Intel's Atom CPUs at the cost of being more power consuming.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, is it even possible to find a low cost laptop/netbook using AMD's mobile APUs in Singapore? (ie. Bobcat, Jaguar, Puma?) Most laptops sold in Singapore seems to be using Intel CPUs.

Heard that AMD's mobile APUs are more powerful than Intel's Atom CPUs at the cost of being more power consuming.

There are plenty at lazada/qoo10... But the heat output is quite a lot as compared to intel..

Alternative X

Reaction score
There are plenty at lazada/qoo10... But the heat output is quite a lot as compared to intel..
Wondered if the iGPU on AMD's mobile APUs are good enough for light gaming with some few generations old games at 720p? Would be interesting to get a netbook that is actually capable of doubling as a dirt cheap light gaming machine.

Don't think it is a good idea to have a laptop with a discrete GPU for light gaming as they are a lot more expensive and discrete GPUs are very draining on the battery. Not to mention that a gaming desktop is always more powerful than a gaming laptop unless you want something that is highly portable.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wondered if the iGPU on AMD's mobile APUs are good enough for light gaming with some few generations old games at 720p? Would be interesting to get a netbook that is actually capable of doubling as a dirt cheap light gaming machine.

Don't think it is a good idea to have a laptop with a discrete GPU for light gaming as they are a lot more expensive and discrete GPUs are very draining on the battery. Not to mention that a gaming desktop is always more powerful than a gaming laptop unless you want something that is highly portable.

There are loads of pros and cons, but cant really help u since our idealogy are different.. Must see ur situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.