Ink Tank System Printer

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have a laser black printer.

occasionally i might need to print colour, what should i do?

should i get inkjet printer as i only seldom print.

You can get print shop quality prints, at the price of $3 per 100ml bottle of ink...
I seldom print nowadays... the first gen epson l210 still works great after 5 years

rkL7d5d.jpg

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Every week, I print this in A4 size on my Epson L355:

AL3X5vr.jpg

Last edited:

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
You can get print shop quality prints, at the price of $3 per 100ml bottle of ink...
I seldom print nowadays... the first gen epson l210 still works great after 5 years

rkL7d5d.jpg

$3 per 100ml bottle of ink... original ????

BlackSmokeInTheSky

Reaction score
interesting... back in my school going days all my previous printers had expensive ink. like $45 per colour catridge and ran out extremely fast.

Might go for Epson now, i need wireless auto duplex printers for the extended family to use. any recommendations?

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Canon G2000 ink tank system. The total pricing for Black and 3 colours are actually cheap at taobao $21.xx.

The total prints for the first time to fill up the print head and the tubes. I managed to print a total of 5680 black and 5666 colour pages. Till I fill up the subsequent refill I managed to hit 6120 black and 5997 colour.

This is my first ink printer and damn the cost per print is dirt cheap and impressive.

Printing of lecture notes using laser is far more expensive. But however the text are damn sharp against ink tank system. But later weigh the pros and cons we decided to go for ink tank system instead.

My next ink tank system would be the ones that can go duplex. Perhaps Epson will be on my list.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Canon G2000 ink tank system. The total pricing for Black and 3 colours are actually cheap at taobao $21.xx.

The total prints for the first time to fill up the print head and the tubes. I managed to print a total of 5680 black and 5666 colour pages. Till I fill up the subsequent refill I managed to hit 6120 black and 5997 colour.

This is my first ink printer and damn the cost per print is dirt cheap and impressive.

Printing of lecture notes using laser is far more expensive. But however the text are damn sharp against ink tank system. But later weigh the pros and cons we decided to go for ink tank system instead.

My next ink tank system would be the ones that can go duplex. Perhaps Epson will be on my list.

it can be sharp if you choose paper as photo paper

Bumiputera

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for ink tank printer on the market? Best if the consumables are cheap, or else no point switching back from laser printer.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score

inkjet ink will smear when touch water?

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
inkjet ink will smear when touch water?

Depends on which ink you want.

For Canon I only know Maxify series printers their ink is of different grade. Those inks are slightly more expensive. But the print quality is darn close to laser quality. The ink is smear proof.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do you clean the print head? clog

i never use inkjet before only use laser

normal inkjet can clog. ink tank printers comes with power flush function which can unclog when normal methods dont work.

normal inkjet can spoil when you try,to print when there is no Ink. users think their inkjet clog when in fact the printer head spoil due to user problem.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
normal inkjet can clog. ink tank printers comes with power flush function which can unclog when normal methods dont work.

normal inkjet can spoil when you try,to print when there is no Ink. users think their inkjet clog when in fact the printer head spoil due to user problem.

use for 3th party ink too??

gairyu

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an epson l350 that have horizontal banding. Suspected ink clog so I used a syringe to clear the clog.

I tried both water and alcohol but both didn't work. After pumping the liquid in, the nozzle check prints blank pages. Only after ink flushing, I can get the nozzle check report. But after each time pumping the liquid through the ink head, the banding gets worse.

Running out of ideas on how to fix the printer. Any tips appreciated.
I read online that windex with ammonia works well but I can't find ammonia based cleaners in singapore.

sillyb0y

Master Member
Reaction score
Epson or brother better in term of printing speed, no clog head issue and Cheap ink?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.