My house blackout twice and PC haywire

Swiftyz

Reaction score
Recently my house blackout twice because of a faulty toaster. Father use it once, blackout. Not enough, try again, blackout again. In between this time, I was using my PC. So it also followed the blackout twice.

My PC was just newly built in dec 16, about 4 months ago.

Now its showing some fault in booting up.

1) Boot to desktop, 10s later suddenly blank screen and non-responsive while all the fans are still running. Have to force shutdown and restart once or twice to a proper reboot.
2) While booting up at windows logo loading, suddenly blank screen and fans ran on maximum speed(super loud). Had to force shutdown and restart once or twice to a proper reboot.

Scenario 1 is happening more often every time I boot up my PC, actually happens everytime I boot up now. Getting worried as this was what happened to my every previous PC :(

What should I do? :s11: MB, CPU, RAM ordered from amazon, the rest from SG.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
List down your current specs of the pc. Including the cooler used.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to have this prob and later on mobo cant work liao...

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have u tired to do any reset on the bios and as well as getting another ssd create as a boot up disk to test it?

LLCSG12

Reaction score
If your mobo has no over current protection, likely bios or other chips are toasted.. hopefully no damage to cpu

pedokuma

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had this issue when my estate got hit by lightning. Turned out cpu fried.

Cpu can rma, is international warranty

Swiftyz

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! I bought a new toaster and threw the fault one already. So it doesn't sound very complicated it seems.

This is my PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 3.20GHz
MOBO: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
GPU: Sapphire R7 265 Dual-x
RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR4 HyperX Fury 2133
Monitor: Acer x203H
Storage: Crucial MX200 SSD 250GB + 1TB HDD
Casing: Corsair Carbide Spec-02
PSU: Seasonic ATX 620W 80+ Bronze

Mostly say CPU, MOBO or PSU.

Seems like my mobo has "Overvoltage Protection:prevent Unforeseen Damage". https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B150M-BAZOOKA-PLUS.html#hero-overview

I should backup my data, reset bios and update bios(if any)? If same issue, I should rma my cpu first?

pedokuma

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hard for us to tell which part spoil too... You either get spare parts to test each part, send it for pro to check or send ur whole pc to msi to check if under warranty..

Cpu rma takes 3-6weeks...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.