Need help on new build

vcrpex

Reaction score
Hi,
I have used my current desktop since 2009, about eights years on. Athlon x3 445 with 4gig ram and onboard graphics after a gt210 gave way few years ago.

I am currently looking at:
CPU :
AMD Ryzen 1600x

Mainboard
Gigabyte GA AB350 gaming 3
From Amazon

Ram
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gig

Hard disk
Samsung 960 Evo M.2 PCIE 500gb

Graphic card
GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Do recommend cpu cooler, case and power supply to me. I can get the stuff locally or from amazon. Budget around $1500. This is more for surfing, office and some simple photo editing stuff using GIMP, watching HD video or maybe 4k video. I do not need windows as I will install debian or some other linux on it.

Been quite a while since I build my own rig. hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks in advance

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can use the default AMD cooler, it's really quite good.

Otherwise a nice Cryorig H7.

Do remember to tweak your RAM speed in BIOS.

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Emmmm 1600x has no stock cooler? At least not on Amazon.....look at the 1600 instead if you are going for the stock cooler.

Since you buying from Amazon, get noctua as you can rma to taiwan. Our distro don't entertain cryorig from Amazon so you need to mail to US which costs more.

If your case can support behemoth coolers, can consider nh-d14/15/15s.

Last edited:

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Emmmm 1600x has no stock cooler? At least not on Amazon.....look at the 1600 instead if you are going for the stock cooler.

Since you buying from Amazon, get noctua as you can rma to taiwan. Our distro don't entertain cryorig from Amazon so you need to mail to US which costs more.

If your case can support behemoth coolers, can consider nh-d14/15/15s.

Cryorig on Lazada is from local distro though.

Or can just walk into PC Themes and buy.

Neptunes43

Reaction score
Coolermaster hyper 212 goes for about 15USD (amazon) when I last checked. Slightly less powerful than H7 but for 15USD....

Note: not sure if AM4 brackets are sold seperately

Last edited:

vcrpex

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the replies. I can look at the 1600 or 1700 if my budget can fit in.
any nice matx casing that you guys can recommend that is not too big but still have relatively good airflow.

for the ram, the difference is not that big for the 3200mhz. i probably can consider that instead of the 3000mhz.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.