New DIY PC Advice!

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You using ID or contractor? How’s the workmanship? Able to share Contact? Haha

The ID was introduced to my wife by her colleague. The carpentry works are quite good according to my wife after viewing her colleague's house. The rest of the stuff is still OK.

The main thing is that the guy can provide you a budgetary quotation which matches our budget. :D

We have looked for Inspire, Design4Space and Starry Homestead. but their quotations were quite expensive and most of the items are just labour costs. :(

The carpentry works and flooring are not cheap for these 3 IDs.

Wait till my renovation work is finished. Then I will see whether the worksmanship is good or not.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For less than $200 get this mobo with turbo m2

26758381329_31856c8dbe_b.jpg

Which brand does this motherboard belongs to?

So Ryzen is not an overkill for me? I am only using this PC to play computer games. :s13:

(If I have the time, of course, after my son is born next month)

lucied

Reaction score
Which brand does this motherboard belongs to?

So Ryzen is not an overkill for me? I am only using this PC to play computer games. :s13:

(If I have the time, of course, after my son is born next month)

No offense but do you see the big letters on the motherboard. "MSI"

Neptunes43

Reaction score
I'd imagine you'd only be building your rig about 3 months down the road so with that, memory prices may drop somewhat.

Apparently Samsung is expanding their factory productions for DIMMS after finally realising there's a shortage in Nov. That said, the drop may not occur till Q2.

cri.

Last edited:

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys!

One more thing. At the moment, which wireless router is affordable and reliable in the market? :(

My wife wants to install one at MY gaming/study room after the renovation. :s8:

The room is the nearest one to the living room.

My new house has data points instead of the telephone ports so I do not need to do any modification.

theiswar98

Reaction score
After much research and consideration, I have modified my PC configuration list slightly.

I hope it is enough to support Battlefield 1, Mass Effect: Andromeda and Titanfall 2.

Processor/Motherboard: Intel i5-7500 3.4GHz & ASRock B250M Performance (Fatal1ty) -- $413

RAM: Kingston 2133 DDR4 (8GB x 2) -- $164

Graphics: MSI GTX 1050 Gaming X Ti 4GB -- $265

SSD: Kingston 240GB UV400 -- $120

HDD: Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM SATA -- $59

PSU: OCZ ModXtream-Pro 700W -- $0 (Mint-in-box - RMA item

Casing: Fractal Design Define C -- $149

Monitor Samsung 21.5" S22F350FHNE -- $0 (Unknown price)

Total: $1170

I will use my wife's portable media drive to install Windows 7 Home Premium and then upgrade it to Windows 10 Home via the USB drive. Is that possible?

The monitor, keyboard and mouse. I still need to buy a monitor though. Haiz... The keyboard and mouse -- I have spares at home. The mouse is still a Razer one -- Mint-in-box (I forgot why I bought it last time and never use :s13:

If im not too late, i suggest you take a look at the casing: corsair carbide 400c. It seems very similar to your fractal design one. Also has magnetic fan filter. But pricing wise idk if cheaper uh.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If im not too late, i suggest you take a look at the casing: corsair carbide 400c. It seems very similar to your fractal design one. Also has magnetic fan filter. But pricing wise idk if cheaper uh.

Another problem came up though. I forgot the location of my OCZ power supply. :s13:

Damn...

And my cousin told me that the Phantek casing is good enough for me. :s11:

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another problem came up though. I forgot the location of my OCZ power supply. :s13:

Damn...

yeah Phanteks P400 is good enough

Corsair 400c is hard to cable manage if you are a first time builder

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, is GTX 1060 enough for me for next year's computer games? :s11:

I think GTX 1050 is quite outdated liao...

hao_jun

Reaction score

Damn...

How about Meshify C since your budget is $149? Currently i'm using it and the size is just right with good air flow. Quite a fair bit of good review (you can watch the 2nd youtube link for the top cases in 2017).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzfkTRKlUcA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjmPpsIB6AQ

Some issues people might have is the dark tinted panel (which isn't a problem for me becos of my blink blink LED fans) and the front panel air mesh which traps alot of dust (maybe my room is dusty, but hey, at least it is fulfilling its purpose).

theiswar98

Reaction score
Anyway, is GTX 1060 enough for me for next year's computer games? :s11:

I think GTX 1050 is quite outdated liao...
I built my PC in January this year. Been using a zotac gtx 1060 6gb. It was able to handle everything i threw at it, like bf1, elder scrolls online, doom. Able to play on ultra at 1080p on these titles at minimum 60fps. With that, i'm optimistic that it can tahan next yr's games.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried using the Galax graphics cards? Are they durable and affordable?

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is 2nd PC configuration based on the pricelist from Tradepac. A few of the items are not priced so I just put a zero there.

Processor/Mainboard - Intel i5-8400 & ASRock Z370 Pro-4 ($446)

Ram - Kingston 2133MHz CL15 8GB x 2 ($0)

Graphics - MSI GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Gaming X ($274)

SSD - Sandisk PLUS 240GB 2.5" SSD ($116)

HDD - Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM SATA ($53)

PSU - OCZ ModXtream-Pro 700W ($0) ~ Still mint-in-box after RMA many years back

Casing - Phanteks Eclipse P400 ($0)

Monitor - Samsung S24E390HL HDMI/VGA 23.6" ($0)

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK. Now I want to know whether Ryzen is good enough for gaming or I should stick to Coffee Lake instead? :eek:

These two processor types are driving me crazy.

My new PC is purely for ultimate gaming. That's it. Video editing. Maybe once in a blue moon.

:s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.