[SIC] New setup corner for all DIY Hardwarezoner ^.^

ystoh133

Reaction score
I cannot tell.
I guess it's either power supply or motherboard or chip.

Still can power on now though.

Your computer runs fine most of the time right, might auto shutdown when you do powerhungry things. When it cannot turn on, does fans spins at max speed? When this happens, leaving it off for maybe 10-20mins the pc boots again? PC seems like it has mood swings, sometimes runs like a champ, sometimes acts like a little mother f*ker and doesn't want to turn on?

If your answer is YES to them, it's the freaking psu.

killless

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't do much power hungry stuff these days. Play D3 & SC2 e most challenging for it.

When it cannot turn on, nothing moves. I have to remove ram card, short it, etc to kind of reset it to power on.

origamii

Reaction score
I don't do much power hungry stuff these days. Play D3 & SC2 e most challenging for it.

When it cannot turn on, nothing moves. I have to remove ram card, short it, etc to kind of reset it to power on.

psu failing already

killless

Master Member
Reaction score
psu failing already

Current psu is cooler master 475w. I build this initially for my wife's simple work use. Subsequently I took over this setup and put in my graphic card for D3 & SC2 gaming purposes.

Maybe over the long run it's overworked?

Think will get replacement PSU. How much wattage is enough to run ATX MB with a graphic card? Thanks.

kherro

Reaction score
Im looking for power cables that are sleeved as Im looking for orange color. Anyone know where i can buy them?

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

What do you all think of this build?

AMD 3600 + ASRock x570 itx
16gb x2 vengeance rgb pro
Gigabyte Aorus PCIe 4.0 500gb
Sapphire 5600xt
Silverstone sfx 700w

algerr

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all

What do you all think of this build?

AMD 3600 + ASRock x570 itx
16gb x2 vengeance rgb pro
Gigabyte Aorus PCIe 4.0 500gb
Sapphire 5600xt
Silverstone sfx 700w

======

Ram no need so much.. think 8gb x 2 will do...
besides your 500gb M2.SSD... if you need more space - u can add a 2TB hdd?

Looking at your mainboard - ITX, you going for ITX casing?
u may want to check first if able to fit your 5600xt

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
======

Ram no need so much.. think 8gb x 2 will do...
besides your 500gb M2.SSD... if you need more space - u can add a 2TB hdd?

Looking at your mainboard - ITX, you going for ITX casing?
u may want to check first if able to fit your 5600xt

Just realised 5600xt has a weird burge .... don’t think can fit my sentry case.... maybe get a 1660ti instead....

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can check if your shop is open on Saturday bro?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

starbury

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope to get some advice.

CPU when switched on, LED lights up...CPU fan and GFX fan spins
But rear casing fan & side casing fan won't spin
And the system doesn't boot up at all

Is it PSU or MOBO problem?

gs

Master Member
Reaction score
free rgb led strip....got around 7-8 those students or ns guys that need can come over to take~~foc~~

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, is the shop space still available to do some testing?

i have a 2nd hand mobo which i tested too late and exceed the warranty period from the seller and he's unwilling to respond and i'm not sure if its spoiled or my parts have issue as there's no reaction when i press the power button.

can i come to the shop with just the board, cpu, a stick of ram and my gfx card to troubleshoot?

will most prob need a spare PSU to test out

Blimeyomega

Reaction score

i have a 2nd hand mobo which i tested too late and exceed the warranty period from the seller and he's unwilling to respond and i'm not sure if its spoiled or my parts have issue as there's no reaction when i press the power button.

can i come to the shop with just the board, cpu, a stick of ram and my gfx card to troubleshoot?

You prob have better luck calling him.

Shop still around, owner quite honest and upfront about repairs and stuff everytime I go over.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

mobo warranty from seller?

if still under warranty from MANUFACTURER, just RMA it lor...

also, yes.. his shop still around.. i visited a few weeks ago

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mobo warranty from seller?

if still under warranty from MANUFACTURER, just RMA it lor...

also, yes.. his shop still around.. i visited a few weeks ago

thanks for your reply

unfortunately i do not know how to RMA the Gigabyte motherboard, i contacted CDL trading, they said they cant honour the warranty cause it's not purchased from them and when i contacted gigabyte, they told me to look for the place where it's bought from even thou when i already told them i have no idea where it's being purchased from and unable to contact the seller who sold it to me

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for your reply

unfortunately i do not know how to RMA the Gigabyte motherboard, i contacted CDL trading, they said they cant honour the warranty cause it's not purchased from them and when i contacted gigabyte, they told me to look for the place where it's bought from even thou when i already told them i have no idea where it's being purchased from and unable to contact the seller who sold it to me
you can look for his shop contact (on fb can find) and give him a call or msg to ask if it's convenient to head down and do those test.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.