New System

unsocialsoul

Reaction score
Chillax people. All views are welcome. That's what a forum is for right, discussion.

Your replies gave me some thoughts too. Previously I do not think much of coffee lake especially Kaby lake just came out this year. And I read coffee lake is Intel solution for amd r5 and might feature 6 cores. I might want to wait for coffee lake. But if it's newly launched I may have to wait a long time for the price to come down a little or they may try to rival amd? Personally I prefer Intel also.

I m thinking of 1060 6gb is because I want my machine to last a little longer as I usually change computer around 3-5 years.

Why is Palit not a choice?

Palit used to have a reputation for lower quality cards a few years back, but i havent heard of any issues lately.

Palit also had a reputation to be cheaper, but recently, MSI has had a lot of cheaper cards, and in some cases, they have been cheaper than the Palit.

I have an MSI GTX1060 Aero ITX, and this is cheaper then a Palit when i bought it.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Palit used to have a reputation for lower quality cards a few years back, but i havent heard of any issues lately.

Palit also had a reputation to be cheaper, but recently, MSI has had a lot of cheaper cards, and in some cases, they have been cheaper than the Palit.

I have an MSI GTX1060 Aero ITX, and this is cheaper then a Palit when i bought it.

To me, it is not the issue of quality on the product but rather the RMA experience shared by some bros here.

lotusect

Reaction score
From reading up, I decided to wait for Coffee Lake. Intel mention they will be rolling out the chips for desktops in early September and all the way to Q4.

Thank you Irenicus for your suggestion! Well laid out and fitted to the budget. But just that i am more bias towards Intel.

For GPU, I have people recommending me Zotac or Palit. They say its not worth spending that much when you change system every 3-5 years. I am currently using MSI GTX 560TI. Cant say it is all good but not all bad either. It cant endure 8 hours on GTA IV so well... Another friend told me to get an ASUS as it has better heat management but i find them pretty pricey. For Palit, the RMA experience is no good?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.