PC Auto Restart when playing Game

aseet29

Reaction score
high chance PSU.

if u just doing pure surfing and youtube and it doesn't restart then most likely its PSU not giving enuff power to gfx hence reboot.

yea when im just surfing net or watch show on pc it never happens. only when im playing game for some time then it happen. i guess PSU may be the main reason for this failure. will get the PSU check it out when CNY is over (next wed perhaps)

aseet29

Reaction score
dhd8ph.png

sorry but i have to use a Quote to post an image due to low post counts.

I've found smt weird and im not sure if this should be happening.
I've use HWiNFO64 to monitor my PC and i see the +12V here (above pic)

i can post the whole summary if any of you guys need it

Is that even normal? :s11:

Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Something not right with your PSU 12V rail, only 1.162V?

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No leh bro. Even when not in load my 12V rail also shows 12.xxx

Rma PSU Liao please haha

aseet29

Reaction score
Learned something new today. How to interpret the rail voltage. Really got many experts here. :)

Sent from Android using GAGT

learn something new everyday about my pc. appreciate all the experts for the guidance. anyway one last question if anyone knows about the rma for the seasonic psu. do I go to corbell or back to the shop I bought my pc

aseet29

Reaction score
one thing i saw on ASRock UEFI bios
the +12.00V values sits at 12.196 so is the rest of the other 5.5V and 3V. however the +12 value does not change unlike the 5.5 and 3V (+- voltage)

then using a monitoring software the +12V shows 1.2xxV which obviously is not right.

So my question now is how accurate is the UEFI as compared to the monitoring software i used (ie HWiNFO64)

anyone has experience in this UEFI thing

yknyong1

Master Member
Reaction score
one thing i saw on ASRock UEFI bios
the +12.00V values sits at 12.196 so is the rest of the other 5.5V and 3V. however the +12 value does not change unlike the 5.5 and 3V (+- voltage)

then using a monitoring software the +12V shows 1.2xxV which obviously is not right.

So my question now is how accurate is the UEFI as compared to the monitoring software i used (ie HWiNFO64)

anyone has experience in this UEFI thing
The software is probably inaccurate. +12V at 1.2 will likely not even boot.

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it will boot, not certain on this.

Isn't 12V rail dedicated for GPU-load usage?

I think it is still possible to boot since the issue here is only when GPU is on load which links to 12V supply or the GPU itself.

Nevertheless bring the PSU down to corbell for testing after their CNY break :)

aseet29

Reaction score
yap ill still bring it down to corbell for a check irregardless. just wanna see if expert on this matter know/used the UEFI thing and compare what they see with the monitor software they use. See if i can leech some knowledge haha so next time *touch wood* similar things happen i can trust what i see and make the right conclusion.

anyway thank you all for the great advice and putting me in the right direction to rectify my problem. Thank you all so much :) have a HUAT new year $$$$$

louisoh

Banned
Reaction score
I haf the same PSU... Seasonic G650 80+gold.... past 2 days my PC also auto restart when gaming... tot it was driver, so i did clean install, etc and it still happened.

Last nite, after it shutdown, i couldn't even on my pc.. zz :( So i tink PSU gg liao.

Corbell is closed till Thurs.. only Fri then open. :( FML...

aseet29

Reaction score
I haf the same PSU... Seasonic G650 80+gold.... past 2 days my PC also auto restart when gaming... tot it was driver, so i did clean install, etc and it still happened.

Last nite, after it shutdown, i couldn't even on my pc.. zz :( So i tink PSU gg liao.

well same luck bro. im going down to corbell tmr to see whats the problem and hopefully (i really do) is the PSU problem. if u see me hola lol. new year new beginning (of the psu) i guess :s13:

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Could be faulty card or faulty motherboard slot

louisoh

Banned
Reaction score
update... frn loan me a PSU (sld be working de)... plug into comp. cannot on at all... dulan, switched back to my own PSU.. then can now on... test to run games last nite.. no restart.. FUGGGgggg... so now what is happening? like all ok liao.

Shutdown system.. then PC off liao but cpu fan still running + CPU light still on. everything else off liao...

aseet29

Reaction score
went to Corbell to check on my psu today, like the expert in this forum said, the PSU indeed was faulty. After replacing it, the problem seems to have gone away. still skeptical im still monitoring the problem. I can now run a GPU stress test without the PC crashing/restarting which is a good sign. Still ill monitor a few days to confirm everything is fine.

Once again thank you all good people of HWZ :s47:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.