PC suddenly die again? Always die and revive itself..

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Idk why, every few months it will have its period.
Like sot sot cannot boot for few tries for a few day.. then after that it will recover on its own and boot normally for few months and the problem repeats.

Just now when playing game, it lose power and the fans everything shut off.
Then i rebooted it, was fine.. then after few minutes browse web it died again.
This time it cannot boot after trying more then ten times.

When i on the power button, the fans keep going on then it off. No beep sound. The power led indicator lits and off by itself too, Looping like that.

What can be the main cause of this problem? How to resolve it once and for all? Every few months the period come very pekcek.

Every computer i build have encountered this type of weird problem before.. is it because of cheap parts..

What i know is not the cause of the problem
1. My temperatures are fine.. i've checked.
2. No errors in Memtest

Last edited:

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to hv the same intermittent problems as u have, just that mine wont auto shut down .

When comp is fast, it is really fast, when It is not happy it wont even boot, press power button fan spin then stop.

The pc finally died few years ago, problem was a faulty power supply and faulty motherboard.

My power supply had a small internal pop amd sparks once, didnt have any problem so i didnt change, after which the problem starts.

Once i got a shock when i touch my cpu cooler, i realise earth wiring was loose.

Maybe it could be the psu. Im not very good at intermittent problems

Sent from Tefal Delice OF-2731 Smart-WiFi Convection Oven using GAGT

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its either PSU or graphics card.. try running without graphics card sure no problem

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Idk why, every few months it will have its period.
Like sot sot cannot boot for few tries for a few day.. then after that it will recover on its own and boot normally for few months and the problem repeats.

Just now when playing game, it lose power and the fans everything shut off.
Then i rebooted it, was fine.. then after few minutes browse web it died again.
This time it cannot boot after trying more then ten times.

When i on the power button, the fans keep going on then it off. No beep sound. The power led indicator lits and off by itself too, Looping like that.

What can be the main cause of this problem? How to resolve it once and for all? Every few months the period come very pekcek.

Every computer i build have encountered this type of weird problem before.. is it because of cheap parts..

What i know is not the cause of the problem
1. My temperatures are fine.. i've checked.
2. No errors in Memtest

Hmm. I had a similar problem but mine was related to incompatible memory for the motherboard.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recommend that you check the mobo physically to see if anything abnormal on it, i.e burns, etc.

Otherwise, you should try swapping out the PSU/ ram to test if you experience the same problem. Sounds to me like a power issue, but could stem from PSU or mobo.

The need to spend time troubleshooting drove me to get a laptop instead. Anything wrong, I just send it back for servicing. Let the folks do the testing for me. =:p

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One component is finally ........

rest%20in%20peace_zpsicmvsl4n.gif

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
my pc is up again, i don't know why.

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Download hwmonitor. Check for the 5v and 12v rail readings. Monitor temperatures and reset ur cmos as well.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
later i post it here, i dont really know how to read it.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
uploaded hwm, the event viewer and reliability monitor showed kernal power n window not properly shut down, with no other error .

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your load temps very high. I cant see the 5v and 12v on your HWM. Wait for others to SOS bah.

[1] At least you have to reapply thermal paste and remount the cpu heatsink. 90 degrees load is not normal. Could be a fail safe to shut down.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
your load temps very high. I cant see the 5v and 12v on your HWM. Wait for others to SOS bah.

[1] At least you have to reapply thermal paste and remount the cpu heatsink. 90 degrees load is not normal. Could be a fail safe to shut down.

remount heatsink thats a nightmare..

@moneyface i never cleaned for around 8 months, its below 50c idle though.

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah the temps

i think it might be

mobo up lorry soon
psu up lorry soon

either one

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.