is it possible to upgrade the processor of this PC?

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hp pavilion h21 h011d

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04050169

currently it is core i3 but it is slower than a turtle.

when i switch on i have to wait like 5 minutes before it fully loads windows. and then when surfing i have to wait for tabs to open even.
i have formatted it twice and i use only like once a week.
i do not game at all and i only use it to surf the internet...

any advice how to speed it up??

joshuaho

Reaction score
Change to SSD, problem solved :D

hp pavilion h21 h011d

when i switch on i have to wait like 5 minutes before it fully loads windows. and then when surfing i have to wait for tabs to open even.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Change to SSD. But must take note some oem machines will refuse to boot when u change to another HDD. E.g. thinkpad last time will check model no. Of HDD and will refuse to boot if it's not a model they recognize

If possible can test out with another HDD test test first before committing

Last edited:
Reaction score
hp pavilion h21 h011d

An SSD upgrade is the 1st thing to look at. Nothing beats watching Windows 10 boot up in 5 seconds and your tabs opening almost instantly :D

Depending on the model, the RAM capacity may also be possible as well. Do take note that AIOs like this are a complete b***h to open up sometimes

Change to SSD. But must take note some oem machines will refuse to boot when u change to another HDD. E.g. thinkpad last time will check model no. Of HDD and will refuse to boot if it's not a model they recognize

If possible can test out with another HDD test test first before committing

We have upgraded quite a number of HP AIO for people and they so far do not implement anything like this

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, back again.

wondering why do i have to change to SSD? from what i see, the pc is using SATA.

but the thing is i want to make the PC faster. why do i have to change the type of hard disk? isn't hard disk just about storing my files?

that being said, what brand/size of SSD do you guys recommend?

shouldn't i be upgrading the RAM instead?

according to the website it is a 4GB RAM now. and it also includes the below info:

Memory upgrade information
Dual channel memory architecture
Two DDR3 SODIMM (204-pin) sockets
Supports PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)
Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB DDR3 SODIMMs
Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

what do they really mean?? sorry IT noob here...

Last edited:

VoltechSG

Reaction score
hi guys, back again.

wondering why do i have to change to SSD? from what i see, the pc is using SATA.

but the thing is i want to make the PC faster. why do i have to change the type of hard disk? isn't hard disk just about storing my files?

that being said, what brand/size of SSD do you guys recommend?

shouldn't i be upgrading the RAM instead?

according to the website it is a 4GB RAM now. and it also includes the below info:

Memory upgrade information
Dual channel memory architecture
Two DDR3 SODIMM (204-pin) sockets
Supports PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)
Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB DDR3 SODIMMs
Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

what do they really mean?? sorry IT noob here...

You can upgrade both items. SSD is for loading times. More RAM is for your tabs opened in Chrome/Firefox/IE.

ssd is like your thumbdrives. they load windows much way faster than mechanical hard drive.

you can go for samsung 850 evo 120gb or 250gb. they also use SATA connection.

Your RAM: the pc only supports up till DDR3 1600MHZ. so you can get Kingston Value RAM, 8gb should be more than enough. SODIMM means laptop size memory. Its not the full sized desktop RAM.

Dual channel memory architecture (take it like expressway. having 2 lanes work much faster than single lane. but most of the times users cant tell the difference.)
Two DDR3 SODIMM (204-pin) sockets (desktop/laptop RAM configuration)
Supports PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600) (speed/frequency of the RAM)
Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers (the maximum RAM can be used on your system.)

hope this helps to clear up~

Last edited:

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Simple analogy for ts -

Hdd is like your normal family car.
Ssd is like a f1 car.

So hdd is more affordable and very spacious however, it's slow.

Ssd is built for speed trade-off being size and price.

Both do the same job to get to your destination(both ssd and hhd stores files). Only difference is 1 gets you to your destination(windows/load chrome)in 5 secs while the other does it in a minute.

Is it a need? Well...no. But it sure saves alot of time

MrCoconut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure wastes damn alot of time now. My pc is like a snail now I feel like slamming it sometimes.

Duly noted, will be changing my SATA and upgrading the RAM!

Qns: if I change the SATA, I assume I have to backup my files right. But how do I even get Windows installed??

Sent from a broken down mrt using GAGT

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure wastes damn alot of time now. My pc is like a snail now I feel like slamming it sometimes.

Qns: if I change the SATA, I assume I have to backup my files right. But how do I even get Windows installed??

Go watch YouTube, faster & clearer instructions than awaiting here.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

go download win10 iso and burn into a thumbrive, reboot your pc with ssd installed and boot using your win10 thumbdrive and viola installed.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any PC that gets a SSD upgrade is in for a significant speed boost. The slowest component of a PC besides the optical drive, is your mechanical hard disk, not the processor. Even with a SSD running on a slower SATA 2, it is still significantly faster. I think you should just get a SSD upgrade before you consider buying anything more for this PC.

PC gets slow because the more things you install, including those Windows updates, the mechanical drive becomes cluttered and will need to be reformatted and a clean OS installation done to recover to its original state. With a SSD, there is no such problem. Even with a cluttered SSD, the speed at which is seeks data is magnitudes faster than a mechanical drive.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.