ps4 and desktop questions please help

jeremyp777

Reaction score
TS I repeat again u can use splitter for both internet and audio. Do u bother to read?

For internet get rj45 splitter and setup this way

you can use ethernet splitter. put splitter at both ends of your lan cable. connect 2 wires into router then at the end can split into 2 connection for pc and ps4

however speed will be limited to 100mbps

41pU2AagEvL.jpg

For audio get
3_5mm-female-2-1.jpg

Connect to your speaker. Audio out from monitor

You can on PC and ps4 and use audio thru same speaker at same time

Total cost for splitters less than $5

as i mentioned i dont want me speed to be limited... i need them both running at the same time at the same speed my internet is providing...

ps4 got no audio jacks...

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U will need an external DAC, something like schiit modi 2 uber. It has usb input, coaxial input and optical input.

For optical, u will need toslink 3.5mm to toslink cable. One side is 3.5mm thin and other is the short fat head. With this DAC, u can switch about pc and ps4. Note that your speakers need to be active, ie has its own power cable.

Schiit modi costs $299 in lazada. Use coupons and cc rebates to bring it lower.

FYI, im using audiogd nfb15.32.

$299, $399 can get a proper soundbar with 4XHDMI.
TS audio will be solved no need to worry about
how to wire here and there.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so what do i need in my room for this?

:s13::s13::s13:

you know what, a lot of people have really tried very hard to help you in this thread, they even bothered to use pictures and wrote step by step guides. yet you still ask back the same questions over and over again. why don't you start thinking this through properly by yourself, with the information already very generously provided to you? for example, you keep insisting you do not want to jeopardise your internet connectivity speeds, and yusoffb01 has pointed out with a splitter, you are limited to 100mbps throughput speeds. why don't you think about your ISP speed, and see if that is a concern. a very simple math equation really.

and evading questions being asked to you doesn't help. I asked what speakers are you using, and there is a perfectly good reason for doing so. maybe your speakers allow for separate audio inputs, then perhaps it's easier to suggest a solution to you. but no, you don't read, you don't elaborate, you don't think, hence in my opinion, you don't deserve any more help.

jeremyp777

Reaction score
:s13::s13::s13:

you know what, a lot of people have really tried very hard to help you in this thread, they even bothered to use pictures and wrote step by step guides. yet you still ask back the same questions over and over again. why don't you start thinking this through properly by yourself, with the information already very generously provided to you? for example, you keep insisting you do not want to jeopardise your internet connectivity speeds, and yusoffb01 has pointed out with a splitter, you are limited to 100mbps throughput speeds. why don't you think about your ISP speed, and see if that is a concern. a very simple math equation really.

and evading questions being asked to you doesn't help. I asked what speakers are you using, and there is a perfectly good reason for doing so. maybe your speakers allow for separate audio inputs, then perhaps it's easier to suggest a solution to you. but no, you don't read, you don't elaborate, you don't think, hence in my opinion, you don't deserve any more help.

i have been answering to each of them separately with quotes ah.

i already say my internet is 1 gbps.. so 100mbps is not enough.

creative speakers just 2 normal speakers.

and if i dont read how come i quote every reply with an answer below

and dont get me wrong why i am still searching for an answer because the solutions given to me didn't fullfil my objective listed on the very first post. if it doesnt fullfil the objectives i want i already know how to do it. thats the reason why i even made this post in the first place

Last edited:

jeremyp777

Reaction score

nice steady finally

so with this 1gbps should be good enough right?
and can use both at same time?
so this is called a ethernet switch? or ethernet link? or router? ( gonna try searching on amazon )

just to double confirm before i purchase thanks

Last edited:

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
nice steady finally

so with this 1gbps should be good enough right?
and can use both at same time?
so this is called a ethernet switch? or ethernet link? or router? ( gonna try searching on amazon )

just to double confirm before i purchase thanks

wow, really. still asking the same questions repeatedly even after answers have been given.

jeremyp777

Reaction score
wow, really. still asking the same questions repeatedly even after answers have been given.

he just showed me a device no one has showed me in all the replies how am i suppose to know this is the same thing anyone replied in the thread o.o

also he did not even mention the speed.

the closest thing someone showed me to this is

You just need to plug the ethernet cables coming from your living room, PS4 and desktop into this device. So got three cables running into this thing. Then you are good to go.

^ and like i mention i cant have it in my living room.

just don't reply to this thread if u did not even read from the top to bottom like i did thanks. u are the one not reading not me.

as much as i appreciated your help thanks

Last edited:

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
he just showed me a device no one has showed me in all the replies how am i suppose to know this is the same thing anyone replied in the thread o.o

also he did not even mention the speed.

the closest thing someone showed me to this is

You just need to plug the ethernet cables coming from your living room, PS4 and desktop into this device. So got three cables running into this thing. Then you are good to go.

^ and like i mention i cant have it in my living room.

just don't reply to this thread if u did not even read from the top to bottom like i did thanks. u are the one not reading not me.

as much as i appreciated your help thanks

wow, so Sherlock here needs everything to be written out for you? the item name in the Lazada link contains the word "gigabit" also needs to be translated for you? "plug the ethernet cable coming from your living room" does not mean you have to plug it IN the living room, the ethernet cable from the living room terminates in your room, get it? and you expect all network switches to look exactly the same? if you indeed really have read and tried to understand what the rest have offered as advice, why do you still ask "can use both at same time"? even if you had conveniently missed the answer in #37, googling for "network switch" would have almost immediately given you the answer, with your own little effort.

and you still have the cheek to be indignant.

jeremyp777

Reaction score
wow, so Sherlock here needs everything to be written out for you? the item name in the Lazada link contains the word "gigabit" also needs to be translated for you? "plug the ethernet cable coming from your living room" does not mean you have to plug it IN the living room, the ethernet cable from the living room terminates in your room, get it? and you expect all network switches to look exactly the same? if you indeed really have read and tried to understand what the rest have offered as advice, why do you still ask "can use both at same time"? even if you had conveniently missed the answer in #37, googling for "network switch" would have almost immediately given you the answer, with your own little effort.

and you still have the cheek to be indignant.

lol still not reading. nvm please dont reply to my thread thank you. don't need ur " help " thanks. go post a pms thread or something lol.

Last edited:

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
lol still not reading. nvm please dont reply to my thread thank you. don't need ur " help " thanks. go post a pms thread or something lol.

it's a public forum, you have no right to tell me to post or not to post in this thread, or any other thread. i hope you will be able to exercise some grey matter to solve these problems of yours, because not everything will be handed to you on a silver platter, and it's an even lower probability for the undeserved.

jeremyp777

Reaction score
it's a public forum, you have no right to tell me to post or not to post in this thread, or any other thread. i hope you will be able to exercise some grey matter to solve these problems of yours, because not everything will be handed to you on a silver platter, and it's an even lower probability for the undeserved.

sure thing. noted.

jeremyp777

Reaction score
went to challenger saw the network switch thingy but i was told by the person that the device is connected with wifi? and it only 1 can be running at a time but i can switch it anytime i want?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think only you can answer yourself le... All other ppl have given their opinions le.

If u wanna get wired internet for both ps4 and pc in your room, get a gigabit swtich. TP-SG105. Connect from router to switch in your room (presuming you already have a LAN port in your room) then from switch to PC and PS4.

As for audio, if your monitor have audio out, then connect speakers to it. Then connect pc and ps4 to monitor via hdmi.

jeremyp777

Reaction score
I think only you can answer yourself le... All other ppl have given their opinions le.

If u wanna get wired internet for both ps4 and pc in your room, get a gigabit swtich. TP-SG105. Connect from router to switch in your room (presuming you already have a LAN port in your room) then from switch to PC and PS4.

As for audio, if your monitor have audio out, then connect speakers to it. Then connect pc and ps4 to monitor via hdmi.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Gigab...qid=1454996984&sr=8-3&keywords=gigabit+switch

ok should be getting this then. lol the challanger guy anyhow tell me is use wifi.

thanks thanks

also for wire i should be getting cat6 for 1gbps right?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.