ps4 and desktop questions please help

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
getting one from Amazon will most likely be a worse choice than getting one locally. it might cost more, as you most likely will have to pay for shipping to Singapore. And it might not work, as the power brick may not accept our voltage (physical power plug can be easily overcome using an adaptor, that is not an issue).

in any case, the SG1005 model cost S$32 according to Best Bargain pricelist (you can find more pricelists under the "Shopping" menu bar at the top of the page). just get from SLS.

Coool11

Reaction score
i have been answering to each of them separately with quotes ah.

i already say my internet is 1 gbps.. so 100mbps is not enough.

creative speakers just 2 normal speakers.

and if i dont read how come i quote every reply with an answer below

and dont get me wrong why i am still searching for an answer because the solutions given to me didn't fullfil my objective listed on the very first post. if it doesnt fullfil the objectives i want i already know how to do it. thats the reason why i even made this post in the first place

Why 100mbps not enough? :s11: 100mbps is more than enough to do anything , 4k streaming, online gaming, visit prawn farms also very fast. 1 prawn movie 1.3gb downloaded in roughly 5min?

I'm using TP-Link AV1200 (triple lan port) on my ps4 and pc. Works great for me, maybe you can consider that.

jeremyp777

Reaction score
Why 100mbps not enough? :s11: 100mbps is more than enough to do anything , 4k streaming, online gaming, visit prawn farms also very fast. 1 prawn movie 1.3gb downloaded in roughly 5min?

I'm using TP-Link AV1200 (triple lan port) on my ps4 and pc. Works great for me, maybe you can consider that.

but my internet 1gbps if use 100mbps like that not wasted meh

Coool11

Reaction score
The only way to fully utilize the bandwidth is direct connection. It seems in your situation WIFI seems like a bad idea, the next best thing is homeplugs. And as i say, nobody needs to use 1gbps to play online gaming.

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but my internet 1gbps if use 100mbps like that not wasted meh

not wasted...

1st u hardly can use all... unless u torrent super duper... but hor your drives/pc can tahan or not

2nd there are other devices using mah , total 1gbps loh

3rd **!!! 1gbps really give u 1gbps meh, Wait long long

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not wasted...

1st u hardly can use all... unless u torrent super duper... but hor your drives/pc can tahan or not

2nd there are other devices using mah , total 1gbps loh

3rd **!!! 1gbps really give u 1gbps meh, Wait long long

Maybe he everyday pcc to speedtests?? Need it to show 1000mbps? Some weird fetish perhaps?

blade81

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) i have one Ethernet cable from living room to cpu whats the name of the splitter thing i need to get so i don't need to keep removing my ethernet cable from cpu to ps4 and also to use both at the same time without losing internet speed? and how much?

2) how do i share the same speaker wire? currently using x2 speaker sets one for ps4 ( plugged into monitor ) one for pc plugged into back of cpu.. so what do i need and how much?

3) anyone know how to upgrade ps4 harddisk to more space and faster?

1) get a 4 port gigabit switch. And cat6 cables. You will not see any decrease in speed. Plug the ethernet cable from your pc to the switch. From the switch you still have 3 ports. 1 for ps4, 1 for pc and 1 more port left.

2)is your ps4 n pc connected to same monitor? If so, get a KVM switch which uses hdmi or vga + audio. You can toggle them as u use them but cannot run them simultanously. Is this the design u wan?
3)i dont think u can do your own upgrade without voiding warranty. And worse still ps4 requires online checking. (not sure how playstation checks its validity)but if it detects your harddisk has changed and deem you made invalid modification and ban your device you are screwed

Reaction score
It's true 100mbps not enough must upgrade to 10Gbps then can 1gb/s this way 1 min can download finish a BD liao.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) get a 4 port gigabit switch. And cat6 cables. You will not see any decrease in speed. Plug the ethernet cable from your pc to the switch. From the switch you still have 3 ports. 1 for ps4, 1 for pc and 1 more port left.

2)is your ps4 n pc connected to same monitor? If so, get a KVM switch which uses hdmi or vga + audio. You can toggle them as u use them but cannot run them simultanously. Is this the design u wan?
3)i dont think u can do your own upgrade without voiding warranty. And worse still ps4 requires online checking. (not sure how playstation checks its validity)but if it detects your harddisk has changed and deem you made invalid modification and ban your device you are screwed

Sony cant detect whether u change HDD or not.... HWZ even came out with a guide on how to do it.

blade81

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony cant detect whether u change HDD or not.... HWZ even came out with a guide on how to do it.
With your reply and i did a search n some reading and you are right. Ps4 used 2.5inch sata 5400rpm hard disk. Getting ssd would be much faster but its not cheap for 1 tb. So i think if possible buy a 1 tb or above 7500 2.5 sata drive woulf do. Apparently you need to download the ps4 operatibg system from their website. Create a thumbdrive with a folder name UPDATE in the root of your usb drive n backup all your save games etc b4 replacing the harddisk.

superzheny

Reaction score
play mmo not higher speed better ping meh?

When I was in india for my electives, my hostel capped the internet to 100kBps (800kbps) download. However ping was very good at below 8ms on ethernet.

I managed to play CS no problem. Even can l4d with my singapore friends hosting on his computer back home.

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last modem 56 K can play CS online already .

Higher Bandwidth like >200mbps is meant for streaming and torrent/dl for your whole family really .

1-2 person usage 100mbps is enough .

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) i have one Ethernet cable from living room to cpu whats the name of the splitter thing i need to get so i don't need to keep removing my ethernet cable from cpu to ps4 and also to use both at the same time without losing internet speed? and how much?

2) how do i share the same speaker wire? currently using x2 speaker sets one for ps4 ( plugged into monitor ) one for pc plugged into back of cpu.. so what do i need and how much?

3) anyone know how to upgrade ps4 harddisk to more space and faster?

Hmm. Why not just buy a extra Ethernet cable;)?Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.