Should i buy graphics card from amazon?

Dwragone

Reaction score
Given that gpu prices are hell high in SG right now, would it be better to buy from amazon at MSRP? (IF that there are stock)

Would there be any serious problem with doing so?

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Given that gpu prices are hell high in SG right now, would it be better to buy from amazon at MSRP? (IF that there are stock)

Would there be any serious problem with doing so?
No matter what anyone tells you

Graphic cards are like gold now

Distance amplifies turnaround time

So if local no stock
Overseas also no stock + 1 month

for any problems

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Failing to get a degree after 4 years

Lol don't give up, there are people who take 5-6 years to finish uni in the USA. Plus sinkie male citizens are held back two years by NS so you are more or less on equal footing.

zabuton

Reaction score
Get EVGA cards from Amazon is safe enough. Direct RMA to Taiwan via post office. They will courier replacement card to you after they receive your card

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol don't give up, there are people who take 5-6 years to finish uni in the USA. Plus sinkie male citizens are held back two years by NS so you are more or less on equal footing.

That why for Singaporean male, every year (or even month) count. Late to market means late in competition.

Bumiputera

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ot:

Lol, those take 5-6 yrs to finish is because they puruse other opportunities or boh lui pay fee, go take contract job to earn $$$ first...

Not repeat semester after failing a semester.....

Last edited:

RaptureM3

Reaction score
I've actually had quite a different (positive) experience shopping on Amazon with regards to warranty. I know the word warranty gets thrown about quite abit here and i must stress that MY experience might not be the norm and/or apply to you, but being polite, friendly with the service staff certainly helps alot.

I won't name brands for fear of getting the principals in trouble with the local disty but most times when i've had something break, i e-mail them directly to the head office, and more often than not, they would send me a replacement brand new unit, straight to me in SG, without even asking for the item back. Of course support your warranty claim with pictures, details of what happened, etc and they will most likely be happy to help.

Warranty is important especially for PC components and most brands would want to be 'friendlier' to their customers.

Just an example, i bought a BlackBerry from a UK website, phone broke within 3 months. I e-mailed BlackBerry and they told SG service centre to issue me a brand new local SG set. Whole procedure was hassle free and took 3 days.

YMMV though so do your own due diligence and make your own decisions. Ultimately, it is YOUR money so weigh the risk.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well SPH also says other news are fake news despite being 151th themselves...

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go ahead. any problems you will regret

Why regret? If there is a good deal, I don't think it's a bad idea. Buying locally doesn't mean that the card won't fail, and if it fails, it doesn't mean they give you a card back immediately. Good chance you have to wait.

kNiGhTseVen

Reaction score
Buying from online is a good choice. More than 90% of the parts that I got were from online and no regrets. Local stocks are limited and overpriced :)

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The ability to buy abroad provides an alternative. Good or not really depends on a person's risk appetite. To me, some deals are too good to miss. For example, I used to want to get a BluRay drive, but local prices are insane then. Cheapest drive was around 299 bucks, while I could get 2 of it on Amazon UK for the same price. And guess what, its still working after I think for 5 to 6 years now.

Some feels sending back for service is a hassle, cumbersome, and costly. Well, taking half day leave to send items to an industrial area that is not that accessible is not exactly convenient to me. And it cost whether you drive or take a train/ bus or taxi. I do feel that it is great if the distro can do it for me locally sometimes, but I am not willing to pay some times a significant premium for this service. So the bottom line is, if the deal is good and you are prepared to fill in the forms and send it out for RMA, buying online is a good alternative to buying locally. Don't be mistaken because I still buy locally if I find reasonable deals. Things like RAM and SSDs are currently very competitively priced here to consider buying abroad for example.

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buying from online is a good choice. More than 90% of the parts that I got were from online and no regrets. Local stocks are limited and overpriced :)

Not true

I have been getting my all my GTX 1060 6gb locally. Cheaper and Better
MSI GTX 1060 6gb Armor $4xx. SG online $6xx. Overseas online same as SG Retail but in USD

kNiGhTseVen

Reaction score
Not true

I have been getting my all my GTX 1060 6gb locally. Cheaper and Better
MSI GTX 1060 6gb Armor $4xx. SG online $6xx. Overseas online same as SG Retail but in USD

If you want to debate, I suggest you to list down the shops name and its prices rather than quoting an imaginary figure. So ppl here can do better comparison. Not sure if you are trying to defend the local retailers here ;) Most should know buying online are better if you have already done that :D

Unless they got a defected product :o

Wataru

Master Member
Reaction score
Honestly for GPUs the only one i will buy overseas online will be EVGA, at least there are RMA procedures for overseas customers to send back to Taiwan etc.

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought amazon ended their free shipping. Prime listing limited selection?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought amazon ended their free shipping. Prime listing limited selection?

I think free shipping still applies to those that are Amazon Prime members shopping on the US site. Don't mistaken it for Prime that Amazon uses for Singapore. They are not the same.

If one buy things frequently from Amazon, listens to music and watches movies on Amazon, then it is not a bad deal getting the Prime membership.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.