Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NVIDIA-Titan-X-Volta-2-e1495481678607.jpg

Poor Intern just breach the NDA without knowing, the FB post have been removed

Source

2zz28ie.png
[/IMG]

Still it is cool to see finally a complete redesign of the new TITAN shroud, and has NVLINK connector :D

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He can find another coy for internship liao.... perhaps his scholarship might be in jeopardy as well.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Nvidia should long ago do this. Titan should show titan not geforce. Special mah. Spend so much still show geforce like a cheaper 1070. Then the titan word facing down... who will see?????

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is gold shaded same as TESLA card, which goes to show it is indeed the VOLTA based Titan.

Interesting time indeed.

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He can find another coy for internship liao.... perhaps his scholarship might be in jeopardy as well.

He can look for other industry instead, like F&B, no Semicond based industry will accept him for his behaviour to breach NDA.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He can look for other industry instead, like F&B, no Semicond based industry will accept him for his behaviour to breach NDA.

Erm, if he is interning at Nvidia, it should be related to his course? If so, i dun think he can easily get another internship in another industry.

Perhaps nvidia will restrict him to purely table job only.

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm, if he is interning at Nvidia, it should be related to his course? If so, i dun think he can easily get another internship in another industry.

Perhaps nvidia will restrict him to purely table job only.

I mean when he is done with study, he will have hard time looking for full time job in semiconductor field unless he is applying for HR, or some admin post.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I mean when he is done with study, he will have hard time looking for full time job in semiconductor field unless he is applying for HR, or some admin post.

Erm. No. I do not believe nvidia will go this far.

Last edited:

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Nvidia did not brief him on the confidentiality aspect of the project then not his fault. His supervisors will kena too. If they briefed him before and he still post then it warrants discipline action

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a good chance this Titan is based on GV100 due to HBM earlier availability as well as the horrendous yield for Tesla part.

As JHH stated, he will be lucky to find one functioning chip for each 12 inch wafers. Explain the terrible yield and Nvidia isnt going to dump the entire wafer to the bin just for that one chip.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seems like a short card with HBM inside. And seems like there isnt any sli connectors anymore lol.

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think this card still in PP phase.

PCGamersn.com apparently had another take on this issue.

That the leaked card was not Titan Volta but Titan Xp (or even Titan X Pascal) in its HBM form. They speculated that this was a working prototype that didnt get into production due to HBM2 costs and GDDR5X preferred instead. Their evidence? Presence of another card, most probably another GPU, on the topmost PCIe slot. Which means that the computer was powered off the much smaller GPU instead and this prototype happened to be sitting inside the casing. Also take note that the PSU cables providing power to the prototype is not even plugged into the PSU.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.