Unable to boot

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I booted up my pc this morning but haf no signal at all. The gpu boots up fine but after a while both fans stop Nothing from the gpu exhaust as well but gpu led is working. Have tried reseating gpu but still have the same problem. Also when i hold power button to turn it off the pc auto power back on suddenly after turning off. But still no signal from gpu after the auto reboot.

The ram and everything seems to boot normally. Just that no display signal and gpu fan stop spinning after a short while and stays still but the gpu led is working

Thanks!

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u remove GPU and use the onboard display, got display?

If got could be GPU, pcie or PSU problem.

Test with the GPU on another PC to see if it's GPU problem. If GPU ok, then could be pcie problem or PSU

Switch the GPU to another pcie slot or use another another GPU to rule out pcie problem.

Finally, test with another PSU to see if it's PSU problem.

Last edited:

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u remove GPU and use the onboard display, got display?

If got could be GPU, pcie or PSU problem.

Test with the GPU on another PC to see if it's GPU problem. If GPU ok, then could be pcie problem or PSU

Switch the GPU to another pcie slot or use another another GPU to rule out pcie problem.

Finally, test with another PSU to see if it's PSU problem.

No onboard display as no IGPU in chip. I trying later another pcie slot see if can boot. But likely pcie slot or gpu as the rest of the system can boot up normally, no debug led appear during boot.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, list down all parts of your rig like those on the right -->

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CPU:Ryzen 1800x
MB:MSIX370 Gaming Carbon
Ram:Trident Z RGB DDR4
GPU: Msi R9 390
PS:Seasonic X1000w Platinum
Monitor Asus Vg24, not sure of exact model.

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u mean can hear it enter windows from login sound?
mayb gpu fan stop due to zero frozr feature

also no signal if u try enter uefi bios? hopefully just monitor cable fault...

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did u make changes to ur Bios right before this happened? I got experienced irrecoverable bios corruption before and this caused the system to go into boot loop with no display. can only be fixed by RMA

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did u make changes to ur Bios right before this happened? I got experienced irrecoverable bios corruption before and this caused the system to go into boot loop with no display. can only be fixed by RMA

I only update to 1.1 the latest ver last week. I flashed it successfully leh. Never bricked it. Thought the bios issue mostly found on the CH6?

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u mean can hear it enter windows from login sound?
mayb gpu fan stop due to zero frozr feature

also no signal if u try enter uefi bios? hopefully just monitor cable fault...

Eh no sound. But looks like it can boot up normally according to hw leds. Is the same as normal booting Just that no display from gpu and gpu fan stop after a short while Cant go into bios cos no display.

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh no sound. But looks like it can boot up normally according to hw leds. Is the same as normal booting Just that no display from gpu and gpu fan stop after a short while Cant go into bios cos no display.
are u saying ur quite sure it boot into windows, but u can't cfm as no display & no speakers/headphones?

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are u saying ur quite sure it boot into windows, but u can't cfm as no display & no speakers/headphones?

Think so. The startup sequence is normal, it is the same like normal bootup except the situation as above. No abnormal debug leds.

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I changed to bottom pcie. Slot. Gpu led light up on start up. But no display and the fan also stop after a short while. Everything else working fine. Same situation as top pcie slot

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think so. The startup sequence is normal, it is the same like normal bootup except the situation as above. No abnormal debug leds.
how come no speakers/headphones to cfm windows login sound?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.