Upgrading to Windows 10

myshoes

Reaction score
Hi guys i have a few questions. Forgive me for my lack of knowledge in advance.

I recently just bought a ssd to install my OS on it. Can i format my hdd now, install my windows 7 OS on my ssd and upgrade to windows 10 later ?

Is it considered as a clean install of windows 10 if i do so ?

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i have a few questions. Forgive me for my lack of knowledge in advance.

I recently just bought a ssd to install my OS on it. Can i format my hdd now, install my windows 7 OS on my ssd and upgrade to windows 10 later ?

Is it considered as a clean install of windows 10 if i do so ?

Yes/no.

Clean install means when upgrading all files are cleared and you are installing windows 10 from win 7 in a clean state.

All applications will have to be reinstalled back by you.

myshoes

Reaction score
Yes/no.

Clean install means when upgrading all files are cleared and you are installing windows 10 from win 7 in a clean state.

All applications will have to be reinstalled back by you.

Am I able to upgrade to windows 10 and at the same time install it on my ssd instead of my hdd ?

Last edited:

Munchies

Reaction score
Am I able to upgrade to windows 10 and at the same time install it on my ssd instead of my hdd ?

I think you need to clone the windows 7 partition from your hdd to ssd then upgrade the ssd's win 7 to win 10.

Ohayo!

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The recent files seriously no privacy... if u get what i mean :s13:

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Failed to update again.
I am able to accept auto update, but it kept failing and retry.

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081436)

:s11: can we do a clean installation, upgrading from old OS sure a lot of problems~

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
just now my father's dell laptop sound died
idt high definition audio

google searched quite useless mostly tech preview issues ... set filter to nearest 1 week
1 reddit result helpful
windows search Device Manager -> select sound and game devices -> select install driver -> select driver from my computer -> 2 options select file or bottom option -> click bottom option -> there are another 2 options for driver ... top one is the correct generic driver ... bottom one is idt high definition
click the top generic one not the idt ... can solve it

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just so I'm sure ...

I need to do a clean re-install of Windows 7 on this laptop anyway, so I was thinking of getting the Windows 10 upgrade and secure the free activation 1st, then do my Windows 7 re-install ... that way when the time comes that Windows 10 is stable and I'm ready to switch over, it is still free :o

Can I confirm that both Windows 7 (or 8) and Windows 10 installed on the same machine will have the same serial?

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows the estimated time for a machine to be ready for upgrade? Still getting this.. :(

w7dhy.jpg

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remembered 1 user posted a link to an app, which let you view, disable all or some of the privacy setting in Win10.

I can't seem to find the post anymore. Anyone know? Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.